Munga restoration

munga1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

any suggestions out there. my two stroke engine wont run on idle, it only runs fast around 2000 rpm

the carb has been set up ok I think, I had stripped the carb twice to clean it, and set it up. according to the manual. there are no air leaks on the carb, and it starts first time but runs too fast

any suggestions

alex

I suppose you have checked the obvious things like sticking throttle cable, butterfly actually closing fully? It must be getting excess air from somewhere, are there any vacuum tubes missing or something like that, and have you tried dribbling a little fuel on the manifold joints to see if the speed changes. Is the throttle spindle worn? I am not really familiar with the Munga, but those are the things that come to mind.

trevor

hi

thanks for the answer. but I went out again and discovered that one of the butterfly valves was not closing correctly.

a little adjustment and it now seems to be running well, its a bit noisy tonight so I will run it more tomorrow.

thanks again

alex

hi all

does anyone have a picture or drawing of how the cable fixes to the clutch lever, and what holds the clutch cable outer sheave .

I have looked at loads of You Tube videos and a workshop manual, but no where does it show the clutch cable set up.

if anyone has diagrams or drawings It would help me no end

regards

alex

hi all

does anyone have a picture or drawing of how the cable fixes to the clutch lever, and what holds the clutch cable outer sheave .

I have looked at loads of You Tube videos and a workshop manual, but no where does it show the clutch cable set up.

if anyone has diagrams or drawings It would help me no end

regards

alex

clutch.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi

thanks for the answers about the clutch , but does any one know where to get a clutch pressure plate in the uk, second hand or new. I have part numbers

LUX 118-00009-20

SACHS 1882-140-002

its 180mm dia

thanks

alex