MK IV Cromwell

lssah2025

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiators are currently being rebuilt, pics to follow.

Also due to some personal circumstances, she is now for sale :-(, see the for sale section for more info.

Well that doesn't sound good. Hope all is OK. I reckon I would be interested in about 12 months on the Humber or Cromwell so timing slightly out. Sorry

• 4 weeks later...

Well sold her for 22.5K to a forum member, I will let the new party disclose the info when they want to, went for a helluva deal, since most of the engine compartment has been rebuilt already... So unfortunately still have 2 more vehicles to sell :cry:.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok so we are back on with the resto all be it with lauren this time round . most of the engine compartment ancillaries have been done already and are pretty much ready to bolt back on with the exception of the rads which although had been restored by a local chap and held water, failed once I pressure tested them. I even had a spare of my own as an option and that too failed the pressure test (maybe just run it with the rad cap off) :D anyway the rads will be sorted by hook or by crook !

this week we will tackle the engine bay with a view to getting it stripped, painted and maybe start fitting some of the nice shiny bits back in, this will include all new hydraulic pipes and unions which will be pressure tested before the engine and box go in.

there are plenty of other bits and bobs to do like freeing off all the hatches which are all rusted solid and general de gunging of the fighting compartment so we can at least see what we need to do to get it running and driving. the plan is to have it running and driving for war and peace (I didn't say which one). i'll keep the updates coming as the next 2 weeks should see a fair bit of progress.

rick

WP_20150119_17_13_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20150119_11_09_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20150119_17_14_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20150119_17_00_19_Pro.jpg

ok so we are back on with the resto all be it with lauren this time round . most of the engine compartment ancillaries have been done already and are pretty much ready to bolt back on with the exception of the rads which although had been restored by a local chap and held water, failed once I pressure tested them. I even had a spare of my own as an option and that too failed the pressure test (maybe just run it with the rad cap off) :D anyway the rads will be sorted by hook or by crook !

this week we will tackle the engine bay with a view to getting it stripped, painted and maybe start fitting some of the nice shiny bits back in, this will include all new hydraulic pipes and unions which will be pressure tested before the engine and box go in.

there are plenty of other bits and bobs to do like freeing off all the hatches which are all rusted solid and general de gunging of the fighting compartment so we can at least see what we need to do to get it running and driving. the plan is to have it running and driving for war and peace (I didn't say which one). i'll keep the updates coming as the next 2 weeks should see a fair bit of progress.

rick

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]100738[/ATTACH]

Keep up the good work. From our limited experience, nothing is ever straight forward or easy with armour project!

sorry lance but there's no use crying over spilt milk or old tanks, you should take some comfort in the fact that you played a very large part in the tank being where it is today and i'm sure lauren will let you take it out for a spin for old times sake (if you pay for the fuel) :D

james I am hoping everything will go to plan but the electrics are a complete unknown as yet and the rads are buggering me about refusing to hold water under pressure. other than that I can't see any real dramas getting it moving under it's own steam, after that we'll see what lauren wants to do with it.

I took a few more pics today and will post them up later.

rick

sorry lance but there's no use crying over spilt milk or old tanks, you should take some comfort in the fact that you played a very large part in the tank being where it is today and i'm sure lauren will let you take it out for a spin for old times sake (if you pay for the fuel) :D

Plan is to put a brass plate in the engine bay with all of our signatures when it's done. I'm sure you'll find another project Lance, and I'm really glad that your over the worst of things and getting back on your feet.

I've started a new thread as she's now destined to remain a Charioteer. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?47957-FV4101-Charioteer-Restoration