MK IV Cromwell

lssah2025

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woud be great though, wouldn't it? W&P 2015, 3 cromwells and a Challenger.

Anyone know if anything has happened with the ex IOW one? Sorry if its off topic, I'm just in awe of what you guys achieve.

Dave.

i haven't spoken to peter the engine builder about the ht harness but i assume he fitted the originals, they must have been ok as it's been bench run for over an hour with no problems but he doesn't have a dynamometer so it's not been under load yet. the proof of the pudding will be in the eating :-D

rick

Adrian, is the jack a 6 ton or 8 ton? Also do you have any of the loose kit items stored in the lockers, or are you making any duplicates, like the multitool (combo tool) etc.?

Also when you get a chance, let me know the cost for the kit that we talked about so I can pay you.

You mean like this? I like the one especially with the PLM mount and dual vickers, and of course the famous Shufti Cush.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91265[/ATTACH]

Sadly all round vision didn't do them much good :-(

lol

when i first saw that pic of shufti cush i thought some cheeky german reenactor had climbed on mine at war and peace without asking, it then dawned on me that it was the real one. :red:

still prefer the early 2 visor cupola though :-D

took one of the rads to be repaired today, i'll let you know how we get on next week.

rick

Round or two piece, beggars can't be choosers, unless I get to buy yours too, then I could have both...but that might require selling the HSC, house and first born :) So you think only 1 rad needs to be fixed, that sounds pretty good, did you just straighten out the other one? How is the steam/power washer working?

Lance,

I could get a K jerrycan for 50€ and bring it in UK in late June, when I will be visiting some museums. Let me know if you are interested.

Pierre, I definitely could use more of those, I have tracked down and few, but I know that Rick will need more for the Churchills too, so yes I will take 1, 2, 3, let me know how many, also can you can't track down a turret or a No21 bow gunners mount? :)

lol

when i first saw that pic of shufti cush i thought some cheeky german reenactor had climbed on mine at war and peace without asking, it then dawned on me that it was the real one. :red:

still prefer the early 2 visor cupola though :-D

took one of the rads to be repaired today, i'll let you know how we get on next week.

rick

rick, you thought it was yours because the name and 'T' number had been expertly painted to replicate the original!....... Years of research went into you know.

I have probably mentioned before that back in 2000 I was working on a university project at an Aluminium foundry and helped out in the first off prototype cast of some Merlin parts, we did the Head and Cylinder Block. Clearing out the loft I just found this early digital photo that I took and then printed, hence the poor quality. It shows our first Cylinder Block cast that morning, it has had the running system sawn off but apart from that is as cast.

image.jpg