Sad news , another WW 2 veteran passed away.

The tank commander , Danny Mc Leod , South Alberta Regiment , 4th Canadian Armoured Division , liberated our home town , Eeklo , back in september '44.

No heavy fighting took place at the liberation , the German Army was on the retreat in our region . The Canadian Army had a very succesful campaign , from the Normandy landings , Belgium , The Netherlands through the heart of the "3d Reich". This man deserves his place among the heroes , may he rest in peace !

Sad news , another WW 2 veteran passed away.

The tank commander , Danny Mc Leod , South Alberta Regiment , 4th Canadian Armoured Division , liberated our home town , Eeklo , back in september '44.

No heavy fighting took place at the liberation , the German Army was on the retreat in our region . The Canadian Army had a very succesful campaign , from the Normandy landings , Belgium , The Netherlands through the heart of the "3d Reich". This man deserves his place among the heroes , may he rest in peace !

Indeed.

Some veterans get all the attention (Easy Coy).

But we won't forget those who aren't famous.

So I say thanks for my freedom to Mr. Mc Leod and rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Here are attached some photo's of the monument for the Battle near Welberg wich is verry close to my home town.

His regiment have had a hard time here and some losses too wich wil be remembered every year with the veterans of

The South Alberta Regiment.

R.I.P. and a big THANK YOU for what you and your mates have done for US.

Louis

2014-02-01 11.59.05.jpg

2014-02-01 12.00.22.jpg

2014-02-01 12.00.37.jpg