• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you still get into this show free, if your a member of the m. v. t

keith

Afraid not! It's not an MVT show. We did honour the MVT entrance fee for a couple years after we first left the main group but that stopped several years ago. 😊

can you still get into this show free, if your a member of the m. v. t

keith

Hi Keith, let me expand on that answer - we withdrew that concession some years after ourselves withdrawing from the MVT. We felt that the concession was not needed as the MVT had introduced a show of their own on the same weekend as ours therefore all MVT members would be attending that one.

We have to spend around £25,000 to stage the show before opening the doors to the public. Given three days of good weather we can make that back and make enough surplus to augment the money we have already pledged to our headline charity (this year the Fire Fighters) and to all the other charities and cadet forces we support.

One day of bad weather is enough to turn a surplus into, at best, a break-even situation or, as in recent years of troubled weather, a substantial loss. This is a slightly worrying situation for a club of around 70 members.

We already offer exhibitors free camping, free showers, clean toilets, decent on-site catering and free evening entertainment on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Many MVT members take us up on that offer and enjoy a relaxed three day event in the pleasant Hampshire countryside.

But we do need to try and break even, averaged out over the years else OVERLORD will be no more - hence the £10 public admission charge which we ask MVT members to pay (as SOE members have had to pay at MVT events) in order to continue our charitable giving.

I hope you will understand.

fully understand, and not a problem.

be there sat and more than happy to pay the entrance fee

thanks for the reply

keith

Make yourself known to me as I should be on public entrance gate all day Saturday 😊

fully understand, and not a problem.

be there sat and more than happy to pay the entrance fee

thanks for the reply

keith

And say hello to me as well. I may be doing anyone of many jobs. I'm the streesed looking one with the broom up my a...

38 BA 15 is my vehicle reg, 1954 Ferret. What's your vehicle?

And say hello to me as well. I may be doing anyone of many jobs. I'm the streesed looking one with the broom up my a...

38 BA 15 is my vehicle reg, 1954 Ferret. What's your vehicle?

you both got me worried now

34ba37 ferret

Hi,

Anyone know whether dogs are allowed at this event?

ta Doug

Yes they are but please remember to always keep pouch on a lead, clean up after pooping and of course there will be loud bangs throughout the day as well as vehicles moving around. 😊

Hi,

Anyone know whether dogs are allowed at this event?

ta Doug

Well last year (or was it the year before) someone brought their cat. It spent most of the time under a K9 (yes really a Wireless Truck)

Sometimes I feel I'm flogging a dead horse, but here goes :-D

At the show there is my usual offer to test ignition components screened or non-screened.

I can test distributor capacitors, rotor arms, screened cables, ignition coils, sparking plugs.

I have built a coil testing machine so you can see the output on a spark gap. Although I can measure the inductance, resistance & leakage, the spark test is much more fun.

I can now measure resistance up to 200 gigohms & observe insulation breakdown by applying voltages up to 5Kv. Again testing a sparking plug confirms that there is actually a spark at the gap. (Using a neon plug tester on the engine, isn't a great help, it tells you there is HT going into the plug but it may be leaking away to earth or sparking internally or through carbon deposits on the insulator or through a cracked insulator & never producing a spark at the gap!)

Also have a DC clamp ammeter so I can measure current up to 400 amps without any direct connection. It just fits over a cable under test & measures the current flow. A very quick & easy way to test the output of a dynamo or alternator or measure the current taken when using the starter motor.

There is no catch, no fee or anything like that. I have collected the test equipment it seems a shame not to put it to use. I shall be with my Pig if anyone needs me. :-D

Just got back from visiting the cubedmeister at the show site. Hmmmm it's pretty damp underfoot!!! Wellies are an absolute must. Lots of traders already set up. Several campers to making themselves at home. The show team are working very hard getting the last minute things assembled and sorted.

I've still got suitcases to pack, wine to drink, wash bag to sort, wine to drink, first aid kit to put together, wine to drink, washing up to do, wine to drink. When that's all done I might sit down with a chilled glass of wine!!! 😍

Just got back from visiting the cubedmeister at the show site. Hmmmm it's pretty damp underfoot!!! Wellies are an absolute must. Lots of traders already set up. Several campers to making themselves at home. The show team are working very hard getting the last minute things assembled and sorted.

I've still got suitcases to pack, wine to drink, wash bag to sort, wine to drink, first aid kit to put together, wine to drink, washing up to do, wine to drink. When that's all done I might sit down with a chilled glass of wine!!! 😍

Sorry not to be there Rosie, my wife just said, WOW now theres a girl takes after my own heart we must be sisters.

OK now you all have a wonderfull time, will keep everything crossed that you have fine weather and a great show.:-D

Thanks! Guess I need to share a box of wine with Mrs Broken arrow then (and I don't share my wine with anyone!!!)

Please do the sunshine dance which includes no planned BBQs, no sudden decisions to wash cars or windows, no sudden desires to do a car boot sale or anything that's likely to bring on r**n!

Good luck with the weather Rosie, the forecasts don't look too promising.

Thanks hunny.

It will be a great weekend whatever the weather. It always is. Traders, exhibitors, campers, MOP always ensure that :)

Thanks! Guess I need to share a box of wine with Mrs Broken arrow then (and I don't share my wine with anyone!!!)

Please do the sunshine dance which includes no planned BBQs, no sudden decisions to wash cars or windows, no sudden desires to do a car boot sale or anything that's likely to bring on r**n!

Your safe, will do the dance, none of the rest, will spend the whole day around or in our pool with friends and copious amounts of wine, scotch, brandy, vodka, sangria etc etc wishing my landy was not laying in about 3000 bits awaiting a total rebuild ready for next year and saying its a bit to warm for the workshop today better just lay and build up my strength, dam glasses are getting heavy must go back to a 1ltr glass.:-D

Your safe, will do the dance, none of the rest, will spend the whole day around or in our pool with friends and copious amounts of wine, scotch, brandy, vodka, sangria etc etc wishing my landy was not laying in about 3000 bits awaiting a total rebuild ready for next year and saying its a bit to warm for the workshop today better just lay and build up my strength, dam glasses are getting heavy must go back to a 1ltr glass.:-D

Never have said but i am Graham and my better half ( her words ) is Karen. secret revealed best wishes.

Been trying to leave for the show for the last 3 hours but it keeps on raining here. Getting wet when I'm there is one thing & I can cope with that. Although why I bothered to pack the fridge I don't know.

But getting there is the problem. 40mph top speed on the motorway with hatches open getting everything wet & vacuum wipers is not a fun trip. Even with the hatches closed its not exactly watertight :(

We'll after a very wet morning the field is somewhat boggy. Although there's been no more rain this morning and the slight breeze is helping to dry it out a tiny bit! Having said that the MOPs are coming through the gate thick and fast and all are cheery and pleasant to deal with 😀

6a9yre4e.jpguqeneda3.jpg