HMVF Campaigns.....

Jack

Folks.

Just want to draw your attention to a new tab on the naviagtion bar at the top of the pages - HMVF Campaigns.

Please click on it and see some of Bodges handy work. The logo will give you some sort of idea of what we are on about.

I will put some detail into asap but our aims are to get everyone who owns an MV to drive to work, to around the block or even to park it in your drive for the day - no matter what era your MV is from.

The whole idea is to get keep this date in the public eye and domain - as a nation, we mustn't forget.

We intend to use this area for dedicated campaigns that HMVF would like to support and drive forward - if you have some that you are passionate about then get in touch.

Stay tuned.

will be doing that, this year,.........also on 23 april, St Georges Day,.........flying the flag, PROUDLY.............

Remember National Drive It, Day's 22 april...................if anyones in east sussex area, a few of us are having a run out to a place of interest, and your more than welcome in joining in with us.

PM me for details, if required...............

Andy

Given the lack of awareness about D-day it might be worth sticking a couple of laminated posters to your vehicle to show why you're driving it that particular day. I'm just thinking of something simple and snappy along the lines of:

D-day 6th June 1944

We will remember them

It would be good for the campaign to have a logo too but I can't think of a specific D-day icon. I'm sure one of you clever chaps will point out the obvious to me!

Ok Mike, good idea and that can be done. I will have a word with Bodge :whistle:

Thank you for your input and support as we need to get this to be a fixture in everyones calender every year - for ever.

LeeEnfield's "Lest anyone forgets" has a good ring to it and also implies that people are forgetting, which is the message the campaign is trying to get across.

Icons are good because they give a sense of cohesion more than just the words. A bit like the poppy has come to symbolise Remembrance Day. I'm thinking something like the outline of a Sherman, a US helmet or a roll of barbed wire. I just can't think of any single thing which specifically identifies the landings against the rest of WW2 in the public consciousness. Perhaps a stylised version of the open door of a landing craft as viewed from inside (as in Private Ryan etc.) ?

I here what you are saying Mike but we have to make sure it is generic as both of my grandfathers fought in the war, both of them came home unhappy men. We are all aware that it wasn't just the USA in the war :whistle:

Landing craft idea sounds good.

Many thanks.

Jack.

I would advice against the use of a swastika, it's a forbidden sign in a lot of countries and where it's not forbidden it could still cause a lot of constirnation.

Good point Joris - using that particular emblem would cause more trouble than acting in a good way!!

I would advice against the use of a swastika, it's a forbidden sign in a lot of countries and where it's not forbidden it could still cause a lot of constirnation.

Aye, .....True enough, I guess, Joris.

Hows about landing craft ramp sect, with wording above along the lines of

'Lest Anyone Forgets'

and below,

' 6th june 1944'

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

(obviously, this is ok for D-Day (normandy) tribute,..........maybe's it needs broadening out, to include ALL theatres of conflict)

Ok chaps.

Poster and some background info has now been added to the campaigns page.

Please do take a couple of minutes of your day to have a look as would like to see many of us get involved as we can.

If you belong to other forums (which I am sure you don't :whistle: )then please do what you can to put a link up to the campaign page. If you are attending any shows then please put your poster on your MV - we could have a good turn out this year if we all put the effort in.

As always, your feedback is more than welcome.

Jack.

Hi, yes we've got the poster in a hi res A4 PDF format too,

which you should be able to print if you've got Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Let me know if you want it & I'll wizz it off to you

(take some of the pressure off Jack) :-D

Hi, Great poster,..................says EXACTLY what its in aid of, in an easily readable form; Nice One. :-)

Now, how do I get a couple,......................??

If its a case of me sending you postage, etc,..........please PM me.

Many thanks...........

(at present cannot print anything off, as printer has gone into major sulk mode.............. :dunno:)

Again, Nice On, All.

Andy