Will it fit?

handler 69

Even on its side, it's too wide for a container, unless you took the wheels off or something. Getting it in and out of the container would be a nightmare though. - If you were going to that trouble, you could probably strip off the wheel stations and fenders, then it would fit in the right way, which may even be feasible if you used an open sided container.

If you are actually thinking of shipping one, you're probably better off getting it shipped as a vehicle.

Cheers,

Terry

I've seen images of a DUKW shipped, on its side, in a container, a 40 foot hi-cube I think to accommodate the DUKW width ( in this case height ) of just over 8 foot.

The problem with Ro-Ro shipping is that they do expect the vehicle to be able to drive. If it won't drive, just strap it to a container base and be prepared to pay extra for the over-width.

Yeah Iam familiar with the RO-RO expense, and their overwidth excuse for more money :shocked:! $20,000 per vehicle it cost me to get the SKOT and MTLBu over from Europe. Would dearly love a Saladin to go with the Saracen. Iam keeping the SKOT and selling the MTLBu. Thanks to my business partner being an A hole, Iam disolving my tank business. :mad:

Though to be honest I don't know the RO-RO cost from the UK to here, but anything that comes that way has to go through bleeding Melbourne and AQIS there are worse than the Gestapo! Petty and money grabbing!

Edited by handler 69

but anything that comes that way has to go through bleeding Melbourne and AQIS there are worse than the Gestapo! Petty and money grabbing!

Two things I have been advised to do regarding AQIS....

1. AQIS has a checklist so best thing to do is to contact them before the vehicle is shipped and ask if the checklist you have is the current and applicable one. This lets you know what has to be done but also lets them know you are not an easy target. I would go so far as to use the checklist and photograph each bit.

2. A little known fact is you can be there at inspection, they give every excuse that you can't be, but you can be there at the time of inspection. Classic excuse is HSE, which means you have to wear a hard hat, boots,, blah blah

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]84048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]84049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]84050[/ATTACH]