Peugeot Type 1525 Lorry - Sochaux, France

ajmac

Thought I would drop in these couple of photos that I took today while at the 'Peugeot Adventure Museum' in Sochaux where I am being forced to take a day off due to French regulations! We are installing a GT at the Sochaux plant where the Lorry was manufactured, it still employs 12,000 people.

10385699196_b467ebee91.jpg

10385875273_7219dd066e.jpg

Great museum by the way.

What a coincidence! I have been planning a trip to France and to the museum today, will be there in a few days. Want to take measurements of the woodwork. As we have started work again you will see an update on the restoration one of the following weeks. All the best, Marcel

I have been at the Peugeot museum last thursday. Took quite a few pictures of their 1525 lorry but it is a bit different of my 1504. The frame rails have a step in them so the rear springs are passing underneath the axle. I took some measurements of the wooden body and of the flywheel. More of that in the restoration thread soon. There were also some miniatures, I really like the recovery version! Tim, the one that you are referring to is in a private collection that I also wanted to visit but it did not fit in the tour scheme. I don't know what type it is but I guess it is older judging by the frame rails as these are made out of hot rolled U-channel.DSCN1048.jpg all the best, Marcel

DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

Here's a picture. I wonder what they did when running forward downhill:-D[ATTACH=CONFIG]83239[/ATTACH]

There is an interesting story in the current issue of Australian Restored Cars magazine regarding an accident which happened in 1917. A 1914 Fiat 18Bl came to grief when the drive chain snapped during the decent of a steep hill while fully loaded .Once the chain snapped the brakes on the transaxle were rendered useless. The driver then grabbed for the parking brake which were ineffective in slowing the truck. Five men were also on the truck at the time. One jumped as the truck picked up speed. The truck raced down the hill with the driver losing control at the bottom going through a ditch and then hit a bank which launched the Fiat into the air almost clearing a wire fence (only the top wire was broken). The newspaper report at the time stated that the distance from where the Fiat left the ground to where it landed was a distance of 32 feet!!! Four of the men survived with cuts and broken bones,however one unlucky fellow was thrown into a post when the truck hit the bank,breaking his back from which he died a day or two later. As for the truck a mechanic was sent from a nearby town ,the broken chain was fixed and the truck driven back to town. The newspaper reported that no further repairs were necessary and that the truck was put straight back into service. It shows how strong these old trucks were!

• 7 years later...

Yes ours was registered  01, 01, 1919 but we have the slightly  different  copper radiator.  An help would be appreciated.  Also we need a photo of the radiator  fan set up which is missing  and the valve cover as there's a hole in the centre.  Is there a breather that fits there. Also we se there's some form of oil pump plunger fitted to the engine and un able to locate the dip stick for the sump oil. Any ideas please

The 1525 should have the KM engine, basically the same as the IM as in my 1504 only a bit more displacement. Here is a picture of the fan setup, it is an eccentric axle that is also a tensioner for the flat belt. Not sure what you mean with oil pump plunger, but these engines have a gear pump that fills the gallery for the main bearings lubrication and the channels in the sump for the conrod dippers. No dipstick but a cork float with a stick coming out and a contact to stop the engine in case of low oil level. 

Regards

Marcel

DSCN1657.JPG

DSCN1661.JPG

DSCN1397 (2).JPG

• Like 1