CCKW Stake Post

shopnut

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80339[/ATTACH]The stake posts on this cargo body are steel, I think they could be from the 'M' series truck? Anyone agree with this as I have not seen on a CCKW before, stake posts are normally made out of wood.

th_DSCN1672.jpg

Edited by shopnut

Don't forget the supports for the slats and seats are steel and then the hood bow legs slide inside those which are in turn inside the bed side pockets !!

But without the pic I don't know what I am on about :D

Thanks, will try again and upload a picture, it becomes very clear then, I am fairly certain the metal posts are from the M35 series of trucks, if they are, there could be a set for sale.

Thanks, will try again and upload a picture, it becomes very clear then, I am fairly certain the metal posts are from the M35 series of trucks, if they are, there could be a set for sale.

Can`t see picture either , but early GMC , Chev`s had the side stakes from steel , and top wood . later it went on to be 3 pieces wood and 2 metal corners . M series trucks also had wooden stakes.

Can`t see picture either , but early GMC , Chev`s had the side stakes from steel , and top wood . later it went on to be 3 pieces wood and 2 metal corners . M series trucks also had wooden stakes.

Have now loaded the picture, at last!!, the truck the metal posts are on has just come from Holland.