Chieftain MBT FV4201 at War & Peace 2013

PDonovan

Sounding a little poorly... fuel starvation I suspect ! Still a very impressive bit of kit... great slow motion sequence ... kicking up a sand storm !!

The FV 4201 Chieftain was the main battle tank of the United Kingdom during the 1960s and 1970s. It was one of the most advanced tanks of its era, and at the time of its introduction in 1966 had the most powerful main gun and most effective armour of any tank in the world.

Something went wrong...

Sounding a little poorly... fuel starvation I suspect ! Still a very impressive bit of kit... great slow motion sequence ... kicking up a sand storm !!

The FV 4201 Chieftain was the main battle tank of the United Kingdom during the 1960s and 1970s. It was one of the most advanced tanks of its era, and at the time of its introduction in 1966 had the most powerful main gun and most effective armour of any tank in the world.

Something went wrong...

Did not pick up the fuel starvation problem ?

Did not pick up the fuel starvation problem ?

Sounded to me as if the driver was pumping the throttle at times to keep it moving.... noticeable in the first shot as it passes the camera and starts to go down the straight. Normally I would expect it to be hammering round and great speed..... ?

Sounded to me as if the driver was pumping the throttle at times to keep it moving.... noticeable in the first shot as it passes the camera and starts to go down the straight. Normally I would expect it to be hammering round and great speed..... ?

The Chieftain did have a fuel issue that was effecting it's performance.

I over-took him in the arena, bearing in mind he had a 750 red top in the Mk10.

I spoke to Mark (the owner) and it nearly conked out a few times. He knew what the issue was and I think he sorted it by the end of the show.

Very nice MBT though.

Markheliops

The Chieftain did have a fuel issue that was effecting it's performance.

I over-took him in the arena, bearing in mind he had a 750 red top in the Mk10.

I spoke to Mark (the owner) and it nearly conked out a few times. He knew what the issue was and I think he sorted it by the end of the show.

Very nice MBT though.

Markheliops

What does your ARRV have in it Mark ?