Best use for a Goliath!

Pzkpfw-e

There was a period newspaper article about it i have somewhere, the journalist spent some time with the unit. they used to run it around camp, and sometimes would just switch it on and let it run around on its own.

The Germans made quite a few of these Goliath's and had great faith in their effectiveness. They turned out to be a lot less than that when it came to the practical use of them. The Allies got hold of loads and loads of these machines, and it seems that every single small WW2 museum in Europe has at least one on show...

Goran N

The Discovery Channel broadcast the "Black Ops Brothers", the Howe twin brothers, who manufacture tracked recon vehicles for the US army. I've been using an electric wheelchair for the last ten years and have been looking for any type of off roading vehicle that I could use. I came in contact with one of the Howe brothers, Mike, and he confided in me that they were developing an off-road tracked wheelchair vehicle, the Ripchair, loosely based on their "Ripsaw" U.G.V. (un-manned ground vehicle), for one of their friends a disabled ex. serviceman .

Ripchair II_001.jpg

The Goliath is just about right in size for a vehicle of this type. Would be fun if someone would use the blueprints of the Goliath and build a handicap off-road vehicle...

Goran N

Ripchair II.jpg

I did wonder, when I saw the original image, whether the airman was disabled and was using it as a substitute wheelchair - something about the way he is posed in it, and in a freshly pressed uniform.