w&p 2013 pictures.

Billruston

Picture #3 in post 26 is rather marred by the twonk in the background flying the Union flag upside-down.

They wouldn't fly the Stars & Stripes the wrong way up!

Unfortunately, when you politely point out the error the usual reaction is "I don't care" or hostility (one reason why I won't buy anything from Soldier of Fortune).

Picture #3 in post 26 is rather marred by the twonk in the background flying the Union flag upside-down.

They wouldn't fly the Stars & Stripes the wrong way up!

Unfortunately, when you politely point out the error the usual reaction is "I don't care" or hostility (one reason why I won't buy anything from Soldier of Fortune).

Even I know a British flag can be flown upside down.

(Only learned that some 5-6 years ago).

Great to see everyone else's pix. I still work on the event on the Photography Team and it can be chaotic. It IS. I won't comment on how it works or on anything in house here. I spoke to quite a lot of people who had to pay for their tickets and tried to help a number of them sort out a good angle for snaps in the arena and so on. It wasn't easy for any of us. I wasn't allowed to do half the things I used to do and I have no criticisms for the people running things in the arena. Things change it was all new and stuff happens. So we got on with what we have. It was very disappointing, but you can't change things by expanding space or moving buildings. Get over it. So in the end I got some interesting snaps, especially of Neil's Mates during the Chechnya battle and of some of the WW2 battle moments, but nothing like we used to get at Beltring. Photographing the armour was problematic - the dust, the position of the sun, the angles of all the background clutter etc. It was a challenge. I have deleted hundreds and hundreds of images. My main Nikon is ruined, temporarily, and needs cleaning big time. I had it with my in the US last week and it was effed. You lose some, you lose some more. So, I'd love to hear what you all think of the arena as snappers. Seriously. I thought it was too narrow and too cluttered. But that was me. I'm only one. I thought a great deal else was superb. Some of the LH displays were fantastic. I promise I will put my pix up here. I've got some on FB already - so I'll do some repeats - I'll have to skim them because i've deleted the low res already. This will take time. Watch this space. MB

[ATTACH]80342[/ATTACH]

Not quite on track but does anyone else still have there armband on???

My son William still has his on !!

My daughter is still wearing hers. A couple of years ago it lasted nearly two months. :)

The omission of a raised bank at the arena was a pity.

Taking a good pic behind the fence meant you'd need to get right to the barrier.

So unless allready there taking pics was difficult.

Guess next show they'll do something like building a raised viewing platform of sorts.

• 4 months later...