prices of deac weapons at war and p show !

griff66

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any one else im sure there is! were amazed at prices of weapons at the show brens now seem to start at 450 -500 quid saw a l4a3 up at 1400 quid

Hell yeah! I always wanted a Bren but wow the price is expensive now.

I actually looked on all the gun stands for a Sten - but couldn't find a single one :(

I bought a Bren up at the Victory Show about 4 years ago for £100, then heard a story about a load of them dredged out of the canal because the bloke couldn't get rid of them. How times change...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I agree, prices were high, but at the same time there seemed to be loads of deacts for sale. D&B militarias tent was overflowing with them, I saw a whole pallet of Sterlings in there.

Missed that too!!!! They are on my list :-D

I agree, prices were high, but at the same time there seemed to be loads of deacts for sale. D&B militarias tent was overflowing with them, I saw a whole pallet of Sterlings in there.

There was also a pallet load of MkV Stens!

any one else im sure there is! were amazed at prices of weapons at the show brens now seem to start at 450 -500 quid saw a l4a3 up at 1400 quid

I saw the L4 it didn't look to bad the seller said it would be sold after the show to someone who had already offered £1300

The more popular our hobby becomes the higher the prices will rise.

I also wonder if the surge in Military Vehicle prices and running costs has added to the price of deac's. Gone are the days of buying a cheap ex MOD Landy, and being able to afford to put a tank of fuel in it, for a quick day out with the kids. Reenacting was and still is the cheaper option to restoring and running a vehicle. So, with that in mind, other than the obvious greed of some sellers, it's still within the budget of the average bod (Who wants to do some form of military based hobby.) to dress up, and wander around with a gun. But here's where the greed kicks in. If you look at the most common reenacting groups, their guns command the highest prices (And/or, the most rapid rise in prices.). I could understand it if these guns were rare, but they're not. Over £1000 for an Old Spec' SLR (And rising by the day.), someone is rubbing their hands together with glee!

Hello All,

I said a similar thing to a few people at the W&P. Anything to do with military vehicles is expensive, unfortunately no longer a affordable hobby for the average person.

Came across some nice British marked GPMGs for sale, £3995 each! But how often do you see them up for grabs? Maybe the market pushes the price up?

Some "Russian" type deacts have been available recently, that seem to be abundant at the moment, so priced reasonable, but in a couple of years I bet you will be paying double if you want one. See what happened to the Brens. Could buy one a couple of years ago in a crate, for about £300, more than double that now.

If anything was old spec deact, again priced a lot higher.

But one thing that is also inflating prices at the W&P is the pitch prices. I spoke to a dealer that was trading in modern British surplus, which wasn't that common. He had a reasonable sized plot, but I'm sure he said it cost him £600 for the week. That's a lot of surplus to sell just to cover costs!

Dougy

I agree, prices have gone silly, which is a bit weird because in general I think demand has slowed, recent trends and bad publicity, a friend of mine used to sell de-acts there and now concentrates on airsoft, he found them harder to sell, but yes his Brens of old were his bread and butter, we have been there for over 15 years. I saw quite a few dealers there with over the market pricing, very very funny, very very stupid dealers, they carted them all home again, well nearly all of them, I heard a few of the dealers 'crying in their beer' in the evening they priced things at what they thought the 'show of the year' would achieve not what they were worth, big difference! One dealer offered me a 'Twiggy' NV scope for £750 (not tested,ie broken)