Chuffed to bits, with my first ever go, but it still doesn't solve the mystery of the electrical goodies, and I'm still scratching my head on that. Steve.

Well its Quick Fire 4.5" Howitzer & there are three lights on it. I'm sure you can guess their purpose. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuffed to bits, with my first ever go, but it still doesn't solve the mystery of the electrical goodies, and I'm still scratching my head on that. Steve.

Just think before you give the answer - the only prize the winner gets is the privilege of buying everyone in the Clubhouse Bar a drink :beer:

Well its Quick Fire 4.5" Howitzer & there are three lights on it. I'm sure you can guess their purpose. :D

Never had anything to do with artillery, but previous posts about lighting sights seem to be what they are about. I will have to do a crash course in howitzers. Steve.

There's many a true word spoken in jest Clive:D

Once it cools down I will. But the hay fever is a menace having had all but one afternoon wiped out last week at W&P it is a delight not to have aching, streaming eyes & a delight to feel relatively 'normal' - whatever that is :D

Once it cools down I will. But the hay fever is a menace having had all but one afternoon wiped out last week at W&P it is a delight not to have aching, streaming eyes & a delight to feel relatively 'normal' - whatever that is :D

Yep , why is hay fever more prolific nowadays ?

Andy I do nasal irrigation, anti-histamines, steroids, eye drops, nasal spray, side covered shades. But sooner or later the eyes get it. Only thing that saved me on Saturday was to wear a S6 respirator for most of the day :D

I'm sure you're right about Rape seed Clive, although I'm fortunate not to suffer from hay fever I do find it to be an irritant. I sympathise with you and hope things will improve soon for you.

Never suffered from hay fever until a couple of years ago (and then only very mildly compared to many) - I'm convinced it's the Oil Seed Rape pollen but also grass dust / pollen does it now. Worse this year as around us a lot of rape had to be re-drilled due to crap weather, so the pollen cycle has been been spread over a much wider period.

How come we grow so much of the stuff anyway - always made do without it before. Used in loads of industrial products and pays a good subsidy I don't doubt. We'd be better off paying farmers sensible prices for the foodstuffs we really need. Rant over.

I don't think there is any subsidy available for oilseed rape, more of a commercial decision to grow it as part of a crop rotation but you're certainly right about paying sensible prices for food. Lamb prices have just plummeted 40p per kilo overnight which means returns are below the cost of production and following on from already disastrous last 12 months there is no doubt that this will force many more farmers out of business.

I don't think there is any subsidy available for oilseed rape, more of a commercial decision to grow it as part of a crop rotation but you're certainly right about paying sensible prices for food. Lamb prices have just plummeted 40p per kilo overnight which means returns are below the cost of production and following on from already disastrous last 12 months there is no doubt that this will force many more farmers out of business.

70 years ago the Goverment was panicking the country coulddn't feed itself so asked Farmers to improve production. In 70 cycles of production the output per acre has soared. If industry had done as well we'd rule the world!

Andy I do nasal irrigation, anti-histamines, steroids, eye drops, nasal spray, side covered shades. But sooner or later the eyes get it. Only thing that saved me on Saturday was to wear a S6 respirator for most of the day :D

I hope you had the full NBC suit on to complement it :-D

Daftness aside the way forward with hay fever is to do a little more research on treatments in Europe rather than here in the UK as we seem to be going along with the drug companies method of treating hay fever.