Smock Windproof 1963 Pattern

Colebrook

An initial thought... I doubt the SMG pouches would have been issued in pairs like that. If you were heading out to battle armed with an SMG, you'd put the magazines in standard '58 Patt ammunition pouches. The SMG pouches were intended for people like RMP who were armed with an SMG, but didn't need to carry a lot of ammunition for it.

Yes you have confirmed my thoughts.

I might set up the smg pouch as a single with the pistol holster. RMP style.

Thank you for replying.

I am new to this forum business.

Do you know if it is OK to post RAF / RN kit or do people prefer vehicle related impressions?

All the Best.

Nice smock and size John ! I have an identical one to this (same contract) but a Size 3.........these were made up to a Size 8, two width fittings per height (eg - 1 & 2 one height range, 3 & 4 next height range, etc).......all made in heavyweight satin-backed cotton-drill.........

First made in DPM during 1971, replaced during 1975-76 by the more modern cotton-gabardine "SAS" windproof.........

The green version that preceded this in olive drab cotton-gabardine was made from 1964 to 1970........still "1963 pattern" that basically incorporated a factory-fitted full frontal zipper compared to the "pullover" style wartime version........

Try finding matching trousers for either of the above !!! Same as the original wartime style........:-D

Aaah the elusive trousers!

I once missed out on the Green Denim ones and have been regretting it ever since!

I have been collecting for 20 ish years but since blunderbuss closed their shop have been relying on the dreaded but slightly addictive well known Internet auction site.

I will try and post some bits and bobs at the weekend.

You guys have it pretty sewn up by the looks of things but I have been working on some random BRIXMIS type gear, RAF parkas and the like that might be worth a look.

All the Best.