Ex Witham CVRT Sabre - Engine fitted at War & Peace Revival !

PDonovan

Hats off to these guys.... they purchased this CVRT Sabre just a few weeks ago from Witham SV..... brought it to War & Peace without an engine.... fitted the J60 on-site and drove it round the arena ... brilliant job !!!

Something went wrong...

Nothing new, we've changed CVRT engines and gearboxes at the show in previous years as it was the only place where we had space test them! One year we just set up a shaded workshop area as we knew we'd end up carrying out repairs on various things all week long... we Have also assisted with a 432 pack change and Jeep engine changes at W&P.

A fantastic effort well done to Barry and the guys. I have to admit I was a little dubious they would get it done from a standing start...

Also shows the benefit of having a quality engine supplier! ;)

Edited by timbo

Thanks guys, we worked hard for 4 days, we sourced an engine-and a nice 1 to :-) , dampers, track and a drivers seat. I collected all in a week up to the show, even getting the tracks delivered direct to the show itself. For 2 guys who have never worked on a cvrt it was daunting, but we figured there would be so much advice available it was to good an opportunity to miss, so we went for it! Thank you to Timbo and Chris for their help. Don't get me wrong its not finished, but we had a ball:-)

Just shows its a small world!

I'll get some photos up soon of the work we done

I would like to see some pics as my Sabre will be on the receiving end of an engine fitting in the near future. I would have got close up look if an arrangement with Tim had come off. Luckily he decided to go in another direction as the arrows trailer that we were going to use was locked in up at the yard.

Edited by ferrettkitt
grammar

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys, we worked hard for 4 days, we sourced an engine-and a nice 1 to :-) , dampers, track and a drivers seat. I collected all in a week up to the show, even getting the tracks delivered direct to the show itself. For 2 guys who have never worked on a cvrt it was daunting, but we figured there would be so much advice available it was to good an opportunity to miss, so we went for it! Thank you to Timbo and Chris for their help. Don't get me wrong its not finished, but we had a ball:-)

Brilliant effort guys... !