East Surrey West Kent MVT - Capel Military Show

This was their 1st time holding the show at Aldhurst Farm, Capel, Surrey and vehicle turnout was a bit light from what they were expecting (I would guess Wimbledon + nice weather and too many garden BBQs). They had a great sized field with a very large arena staked out, small funfair and a couple of military wares traders.

Two re-enactment groups (one American WWii and one Soviet with a T-34)

capel3.jpg

Heavy armour (T-34, T-54) both with live firing main gun which they fired off in the arena each day, along with a 432 with rarden cannon and Fox turret.

capel6.jpg

I think 4 or so FC 101

capel40.jpg

and 4 Ferrets! (though one too nice to go in the Area :-D )

capel48.jpg

And a rather interesting REME 1943 airborne electrical repair trailer (so said the info board)

capel25.jpg

capel15.jpg

capel18.jpg

I was really amazed that this had a valve refacer.

capel58.jpg

And the t-54 squished a couple of cars.

[video=youtube_share;7cG97osQ560]

Very good show and we hope to exhibit again next year, the MVT provided a field kitchen and sold subsidised breakfasts for exhibitors. Would be nice to see this at more shows (even W&P!)

Ian

capel31.jpg

capel26.jpg

I had hoped to attend this show but had family commitments on the Saturday and I was firing a diesel locomotive on the Sunday.

A Dodge WC51 I help to look after did manage (after a roadside lift pump rebuild) to make it on the Sunday, along with the 2nd road run of the latest Ward LaFrance project owned by a Ward La France aficionado of the tall-and-easily-spotted variety.

I camped all weekend with jnr and the jeep and have to say it was a cracking show.

Several freinds popped down on the saturday and all had a fantastic day

thoroughly reccomened

Definetly has the potential to get even better and grow in popularity

a big thanks to the organisers who helped keep it a fun family and freindly show

We will be back next year!

I attended on the Sunday with a couple of Jeeps and trailers (guess which one....), and would like to thank the organisers for putting on a very promising first show.

It was all planned for last year ... but was washed out.

Very good facilities and show field.

The car crushing was the most spectacular I've ever seen ..... and I've seen a few at W&P.

Plan to support it again next year.