Didn't have to watch it Clive, neighbouring block was broadcasting, cheer by cheer... only vague military connection I can recall was recovering three jeeps from a mushroom farm near Dunblane some years back.

Got any more images of that trial?

Aha, CMO 157.5 then.

I'll guess it only had four wheels on it. That would make sense if they were assessing traction or floatation.

( If it has a diesel in it instead I can't tell from here ...)

Clive, I think one of the Saracens had 12.00 or possibly larger, tyres on it and the test was to see how much pulling power they had in heavy conditions. The International Dump truck, which is actually known as a No.1, Mk3 (ACCO not being an official army title) was probably dragged as a dead weight with wheels locked and the bicycle wheel was to measure speed as the Saracen speedo would not be accurate due to wheel slip.

Clive, I think one of the Saracens had 12.00 or possibly larger, tyres on it and the test was to see how much pulling power they had in heavy conditions. The International Dump truck, which is actually known as a No.1, Mk3 (ACCO not being an official army title) was probably dragged as a dead weight with wheels locked and the bicycle wheel was to measure speed as the Saracen speedo would not be accurate due to wheel slip.

Yes well done Richard I knew I could rely on you! Absolutely spot on that was what I was waiting to hear!

App3600_zps2cf7f61f.jpg

App3602_zps40f4f880.jpg