Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I've no idea if they were used by the Army.

They weren't

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79801[/ATTACH]

Bernard - don't hang around with N.O.S. to long in the Clubhouse - we can only cope with one member with that sort of humour :shocked:

Think I still have some HMVF Flags.. will have a look tomorrow..

We can have some more done as I wore my HMVF shirt at W&P and it really helped to be found by other members.

Infact, I still have boxes full of T Shirts, Fleeces and Polo Shirts.

A few of my pics

Much discussion about how to route the tanks to the arena without hurting the racetrack

01-DSCF9254.jpg

Extreme gate opening

03-DSCF9268.jpg

Heliops in dust free mode

04-DSCF9275.jpg

DROPS drops in a hole

05-DSCF9295.jpg

TWICKers attempting to winch a Pioneer out

08-DSCF9309.jpg

And it worked! :thumbsup:

09-DSCF9311.jpg

MAN stuck

07-DSCF9297.jpg

Heliops learns combine harvesting

02-DSCF9262.jpg

We can have some more done as I wore my HMVF shirt at W&P and it really helped to be found by other members.

Jack you're the most recognisable HMVF'r out of the lot of us..... now who has the shears :evil:

Are they for sale on the forum????

I always wear my t shirt or fleece when at a show. Not many people approach me though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I always wear my t shirt or fleece when at a show. Not many people approach me though!!!

That's nothing to do do with the fleece or t-shirt............they are just plain terrified of you:shake:;)

I saw one dodgy thing whilst we were at the show involving a tracked vehicle. A guy in fluorescent jacket running in front of the following 432 which was less than a car length behind. If he had tripped he might have been lucky in that he could have gone inbetween the tracks.....

I saw one dodgy thing whilst we were at the show involving a tracked vehicle. A guy in fluorescent jacket running in front of the following 432 which was less than a car length behind. If he had tripped he might have been lucky in that he could have gone inbetween the tracks.....

Makes a change - numerous times (6+) we saw supposed hi vis marshalls on quad bikes doing 15-20mph with the tracked armour doing the same speed - against the rules but ultimalty dangerous and potentially lethal (pedestrians especially kids wouldnt have stood achance)

(yes we did inform marshalls but after the fact as unable to locate one at the time )

still on the positive a great new venue much easier to navigate and much improved toilets and showers

Makes a change - numerous times (6+) we saw supposed hi vis marshalls on quad bikes doing 15-20mph with the tracked armour doing the same speed - against the rules but ultimalty dangerous and potentially lethal (pedestrians especially kids wouldnt have stood achance)

(yes we did inform marshalls but after the fact as unable to locate one at the time )

still on the positive a great new venue much easier to navigate and much improved toilets and showers

I doubt very much the 15 to 20 mph suggested, it may look like that sort of speed to you stood watching but likely to be 5 to 10 mph. At the old venue I attended on a number of occasions with CET and M578, finding someone who was prepared to walk 1/2 a mile from the camping areas in front of a tracked vehicle was difficult, near imposible.

You clearly have not experienced driving or applying the brakes on any tracked vehicles... at these sort of speeds they will stop on a pinhead without skidding like a wheeled vehicle might.

What is the walker in hi vis supposed to do, he is looking forwards where he is going he cannot see what is happening behind him, it is the drivers responsibility to observe and react to what is happening around him.

I can see no problem with a quad bieng used instead of the walker.

Not gonna argue but i was walking and the quad overtook me at at least 4 times my walking speed of 3-4mph so no optical illusion there

plus no matter how quickly a vehicle can stop its all about drivers reaction is still affected by speed