Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

Could you recommend a Military Show in your country that I could bring my Ford KA to & park amongst the MV's?? I haven't washed it yet after W&P so it's in Gulf War guise :D

That's a good argument.

Honestly in principle I do agree with "false" MV's on shows.

But if it looks correct for what is meant to be why not? For a Syria conflict, why not. Their maybe 1 used like that.

But real or not, for me its hardly a option to bring the Dodge and I don't think anyone here who says my Renault shouldn't be there is going to transport the Dodge on their costs (logically offcourse)

My Renault looks like it could have been used by the UN, just like many CJ jeep/mahindra/Jimny etc. LOOKS like a Military Jeep.

After all, many a display at W&P look like the real thing but isn't.

Again, lets first agree on what A MV actually is.....

Edited by Enigma

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So its basically about money and not the vehicle itself.

Clear.

Still, for the 3rd time; I pay the same as for the other participants.

Olaf, you are the one making this about money.

I will ask you two questions

1, is your vehicle that you took to W&P this year an ex military one ?

2, On the entry form that we all fill in how did you describe your vehicle ?

I understand you paid the same, but you paid the same as some one who went to the trouble of bringing a military vehicle.

My first post on this subject only mentioned that I was shocked the amount of civvy vehicles there posing as MV's which some were.

Again, lets first agree on what A MV actually is.....

Easy, a vehicle that is still serving or has served with an Armed Force at some time in its life & has the provenance to prove it.

Replicas are fine if they are of a very rare vehicle & are displayed as such.. Don't agree with Civvy Landys or Jeeps pretending to be ex-mil, there's plenty of ex-mil landys & jeeps out there..

How about a separate field or area for light civilian vehicles in military use after 1980 ( example date only ).. Then those who would like to see such vehicles can do and those who don't can walk on by

I think it would be an empty field.. unless it was a field of civvy vehicles pretending to be ex-mil..

Olaf, you are the one making this about money.

I will ask you two questions

1, is your vehicle that you took to W&P this year an ex military one ?

2, On the entry form that we all fill in how did you describe your vehicle ?

I understand you paid the same, but you paid the same as some one who went to the trouble of bringing a military vehicle.

My first post on this subject only mentioned that I was shocked the amount of civvy vehicles there posing as MV's which some were.

Well, for me the main reason is financially.

No Idea if my car was a military one, probably not.

But neither was on this show AFAIK, the Carden Lloyd carrier (replica), Armored Jeep (converted civvie), a few Replica German vehicles, the Technical in Living History, and many many more.

As said I do agree there are way to many civvie cars, some who don't even look like MV's.

I at least tried to make it look like a UN vehicle.

But again, why just target me? Because I defend myself?

Why not go after the officials on wrong vehicles? Because their not here or dare to speak out?

How many Green caravans or motorhomes were military? Why not go on about that?

Some were still white with a camonet, way more out of place than my little car.

How is it not fair on others?

Adrian, I have too much respect for you.

I believe that you understand what I am saying but incase anyone is not clear I will repeat it.

IF THE VEHICLE IS REALLY EX-MIL,REPRODUCTION (WITHIN CONTEXT) TRULY EX UN THEN NO PROBLEM.

However if o/d paint,stickers or badge's are applied to gain cheap camping/entrance then shame on you.

When I fill my entry form I tell the truth. Ok this year it was just one of those "orrible see every where jeeps" .But it is ex mil 1944.

Adrian, I have too much respect for you.

I believe that you understand what I am saying but incase anyone is not clear I will repeat it.

IF THE VEHICLE IS REALLY EX-MIL,REPRODUCTION (WITHIN CONTEXT) TRULY EX UN THEN NO PROBLEM.

However if o/d paint,stickers or badge's are applied to gain cheap camping/entrance then shame on you.

When I fill my entry form I tell the truth. Ok this year it was just one of those "orrible see every where jeeps" .But it is ex mil 1944.

OK, so I am the BIG Satan, i understood.

So what is your alternative for me?

Well, for me the main reason is financially.

No Idea if my car was a military one, probably not.

But neither was on this show AFAIK, the Carden Lloyd carrier (replica), Armored Jeep (converted civvie), a few Replica German vehicles, the Technical in Living History, and many many more.

As said I do agree there are way to many civvie cars, some who don't even look like MV's.

I at least tried to make it look like a UN vehicle.

But again, why just target me? Because I defend myself?

Why not go after the officials on wrong vehicles? Because their not here or dare to speak out?

How many Green caravans or motorhomes were military? Why not go on about that?

Some were still white with a camonet, way more out of place than my little car.

I will ask my second question again, how did you describe your vehicle on the entry form ( remember you have said that its probably NOT an MV)

Again I did not target you, I made a broad statement re civvy cars, you brought the money side to the party.

Just going back to good things.

I forgot to mention the mobile phone mast gave excellent coverage & capacity on O2. I don't know if other networks were included. Instead of being virtually incommunicado all week with no usable internet like at the Hop Farm, it was a delight to be able to text & use the phone AND get a good 3G signal whenever I wanted, which is a lot better than I can get at home!

So many thanks to someone for planning that most needed facility.

Just going back to good things.

I forgot to mention the mobile phone mast gave excellent coverage & capacity on O2. I don't know if other networks were included. Instead of being virtually incommunicado all week with no usable internet like at the Hop Farm, it was a delight to be able to text & use the phone AND get a good 3G signal whenever I wanted, which is a lot better than I can get at home!

So many thanks to someone for planning that most needed facility.

Full 3G signal on Three

Yes. Peace.

I have no problem with Olafs van, or in fact any of the others. I find them quite entertaining. Perhaps a poke at ourselves. Some were a lot better than others. The parcel tape UN made me laugh. It is not like they are taking up space and preventing other vehicles from coming.

Do the uneducated come in any great quantity to the event? Well I guess they do, but I meant uneducated about MV's? I would think that most visitors know they are replicas or just a bit of fun. Just about anything goes on at W&P, except for flushing toilets perhaps. I was a lot more concerned with the SS sock demonstration, but thankfully no photos have surfaced of that.

Olaf I am really sorry if you have had a bashing over this. I never meant that to kick off when I posted the photos of the UN vans. As I said I thought they were just a bit of fun.

Tim

and war :angry

We getting both on this thread....!!!!!

I posted earlier about the proving a vehicle is military or the Tesco shop mondeo...!

I was only going on what others have said and put my Tuppence worth on the line....Thank god it wasnt my neck!!!! LOL:blush:

Olaf, if its support for an MV not a problem mate, no one is singling you out as the bad guy here, and we all know it costs a fortune to make the PILGRIMAGE from afar to W&P and other venues.:thanx:

I was having a go at the Civvi driving a Civvi and marking it as a MV just to gain cheap access etc. They either taking the PEE or mocking the scene in my eyes! And as for putting a piece of cardboard in the window and saying "This is an MV....":mad:

If a vehicle is Ex- MOD then people will have papers to prove and not a problem, civvi landys done as MV`s I dont agree with as the real things are just as cheap to get and probably better improved etc.

No one is having a bash at the fibreglass planes as they are obviously what they are meant to be....!

The copy vehicles that have been built from just a chassis to represent a rare or obsolete one are just as hard to make, if not harder than the real thing..... not a problem!

My gripe is where they get the works Transit Van (OR MONDEO!!!!!), bang a bit of tape on it to represent a vehicle that it isnt!:evil::evil:

By all means get the Mondeo, chop the back out into a makeshift pickup (UTE if your an Aussie!!) and plant a .30 cal n mount on the back, smash it to hell and daub a bit of graffitti on it to represent a Freedom Fighter, Rebel Forces, Guerrilla insurgent etc of the conflict you are depicting....I havent a prob with that either!!!

all because they have put time, money, effort and thought into it!!!:saluting:

Nice Ass.

I always assumed UN bought fleets of new vehicles. Not always so - they have a buyer at the big car auctions who snaps up any quality brand decent 4x4s (e.g. Landcrusiers) with mileages up to 200,000 ish as they know they'll give trouble free service and are damn cheap motors. So they do not waste money in this respect!

Nice Ass.

I always assumed UN bought fleets of new vehicles. Not always so - they have a buyer at the big car auctions who snaps up any quality brand decent 4x4s (e.g. Landcrusiers) with mileages up to 200,000 ish as they know they'll give trouble free service and are damn cheap motors. So they do not waste money in this respect!

How many miles to the carrot on the donkey???

Ideal as left AND right hand drive and bio emissions!!!:D

If so many feel so strongly about 'civi' vehicles why don't you address your complaints directly to Rex instead of slagging off another forum member?

Incidentally I seriously doubt that this thread would have been allowed to run in this manner unless a mod was involved.

If so many feel so strongly about 'civi' vehicles why don't you address your complaints directly to Rex instead of slagging off another forum member?

Incidentally I seriously doubt that this thread would have been allowed to run in this manner unless a mod was involved.

It has been & this subject comes up every year, we were was just waiting for you to have a dig Degsy, surprised you waited so long :D

Edited by Marmite!!
typo