• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks similar in shape to one of the old Jetex engines I had as a kid..

Yes Lee I had one of those my balsa wood fleet. Fitted one a Venom bomber & it was the power unit on Sputnik on a rubber band launched rocket. The launch rail for the Sputnik jammed & the rocket caught fire Zepplin style.

But anyway this thing is not Jetex related.

OH NO ! Another sleepless night coming up...........is it an exploding target ?

Sleepless night Roy? That depends on you & the skill of your fellow contestants. :D

Nope not an exploding target.

It's the top part of one of those bead breakers Tony B is after..

No but I'd not be suprised if it a piece of vetaniry kit. Looks very similar to a device called a Hobday speculum. Named after Sir Fredrick Thomas George Hobday. It was used in connection with a procedure known as Hobdaying. The procedure involves making an icision in the throat of a horse, mujle or ass, and removing the vocal chords. This was done to military horses to prevent them whinniying. Actually, your crack about night. It's not a (Note spelling ) Lanthorn, is it?

No but I'd not be suprised if it a piece of vetaniry kit. Looks very similar to a device called a Hobday speculum. Named after Sir Fredrick Thomas George Hobday. It was used in connection with a procedure known as Hobdaying. The procedure involves making an icision in the throat of a horse, mujle or ass, and removing the vocal chords. This was done to military horses to prevent them whinniying. Actually, your crack about night. It's not a (Note spelling ) Lanthorn, is it?

Oh goodness me Tony it all sounds rather gory & intrusive, just when I was about to have my curry. Well picked up on "your crack about night"that was a deliberate clue for the crossword people but it may only confuse & mislead others. :-D

Not a Lanthorn either.

Is it laid on its side?
Yes Bryan

Possible that it may be a stand off charge for demolitions.
Nope good idea though.

Legs at left
Yes

shaped charge being formed in the cone.
Nope good idea though.