MK 6 Saracen # 603-70-853 progress in Canada

Well done Datadawg, don't worry about the oil leaks, you'll get used to that !Track it back to where it is coming from, put some photos on here, maybe it is nothing to stress about and an easy fix.I am very glad i got mine, great fun !Very well done to Cold War Collection, very inspiring !A pic of mine. Just have to install wing mounted generator, periscopes and NOS battery boxes on rear wings (and a few other bits here and there)Hours of fun !

sarry.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Datadawg, don't worry about the oil leaks, you'll get used to that !Track it back to where it is coming from, put some photos on here, maybe it is nothing to stress about and an easy fix.I am very glad i got mine, great fun !Very well done to Cold War Collection, very inspiring !A pic of mine. Just have to install wing mounted generator, periscopes and NOS battery boxes on rear wings (and a few other bits here and there)Hours of fun !

20151028_143650.jpg

This is my Saracen when it finally was brought from the Baltimore Port, after two weeks at sea. I had to drive it off the truck in the pouring rain, had no clue (other than the idiot driving card left inside for port workers) on how to operate it! By the time I got it down, my pants were wet, and I'm not 100% sure it was only rain pouring in from the open hatch. Rarely been more nervous in my life, but I was an armor virgin no more!!

Nick, sorry to be parachuting into your thread.

Edited by datadawg

Congrats datadawg,

You'll get used to driving it eventually, then it will be lots of fun. If it doesn't already have one, install an intercom and only drive it on the road with a commander.

As for your oil leaks, get a couple of graduated bottles/flasks etc. and check everything (engine, gearbox, transfer case, bevel box x6, hubs x 6, oil pump and hydraulic fluid) every time you drive it. Record the date and how much you put into each box and you'll soon learn what the problem areas are. My gearbox leaks a fair bit, so I top that up before any drive longer than a couple of km and I always check the engine oil before use, but everything else can be checked once a month or so, with my front-right hub being the biggest offender, but still not too bad. Others will know the idiosyncrasies of their vehicles. A recommendation that I subscribe to is to not check the flywheel too often - it's a **** of a job, but I know that mine doesn't leak much and I top it up as soon as I feel any slipping.

Cheers,

Terry