Going for my Private Pilots Licence & one for Ian L

Jack

Well done Jack, I see you have the white knuckle grip of death! Try and relax as much as you can and enjoy it, it gets much easier.

I'll take you up in the RV, the contrast will be surprising......;)

Thanks Adrian, and you are quite right. The instructor said there you go, it's all yours. That actually did have my heart in my mouth and initially I was thinking I am not enjoying this. He told me to relax, just use a couple of fingers and that seemed to work as by the second flight I was so enjoying myself and could see the attraction and perhaps the addiction of flying.

Banking and making sure the nose is up is brilliant fun which I had to do quite rapidly as we were just about to fly over Guy Riches house - he gets upset when you do that apparently.

As Daniel said, it does make you think differently. And yes please, we would to take you up on your offer!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed your hands, as you get further into your training with the aircraft properly trimmed then you can fly 'hands off', for a while of course. Try to complete your course as soon as you can as if you have gaps in training you will sometimes have to learn certain aspects of it again. Money and bad weather is the cause...............

I also noticed your hands, as you get further into your training with the aircraft properly trimmed then you can fly 'hands off', for a while of course. Try to complete your course as soon as you can as if you have gaps in training you will sometimes have to learn certain aspects of it again. Money and bad weather is the cause...............

Bob he did say yesterday about trimming the aircraft - he look down here, here is the trim wheel. I said, Sir, I am not looking anywhere:shocked:

Glad you're enjoying it jack, it's some thing I've often thought about doing, you're making me think I ought to at least have a couple of lessons to see how I like it!

I would certainly give the old grey matter a work out..

In the mean time I'm having this delivered to W&P so you can keep your hand in next week..

sideplane bike.jpg

Well today I had my first flying lesson.

The most scary, terrifying and exhilarating thing I have ever done. Hats off to those who fly!

This was my first time and I have to say - how on earth did those guys who flew bombers in WWII cope with that. So much to think of and so much to do. The guys who had to deal with damaged aircraft and to make sure they got their crew home safely are men of a different world.

I cannot begin to explain the feeling of flying. Think I have at last found a new hobby :)

You think that was nerve wracking, wait till you have to go solo.

Did that in a glider (powered) when I was 16, now that was nerve wracking.

Sadly no money to keep up with it.

mike