Going for my Private Pilots Licence & one for Ian L

Jack

So when is your first lesson and what will it be in?

If the weather is good then next week Adrian and in a Piper Warrior. Apparently they don't having machine guns on them thou :computerrage:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the weather is good then next week Adrian and in a Piper Warrior. Apparently they don't having machine guns on them thou :computerrage:

I would have thought an AVRO Tutor would be more your style Jack, they have an excellent one at the Shuttleworth Collection.

Rather you than me..... At least you won't have to worry about pulling 9G in a Warrior, the wings will detach long before then!

Hope your aren't talking from experience Adrian :help::help:

There is an old WW2 USAAF airfield at Lessay in the next village to ours in Normandy

and you could hire a 4 seater plane with a pilot and do the D Day beaches if I remember

rightly it wasn't that expensive either

Commander

There is an old WW2 USAAF airfield at Lessay in the next village to ours in Normandy

and you could hire a 4 seater plane with a pilot and do the D Day beaches if I remember

rightly it wasn't that expensive either

Commander

To command an 'F' registered aircraft in France Jack will need a JAR licence but I suspect he may go down the cheeper route of an NPPL ? which means he can fly a British registered aircraft in France but not hire a French one.

Well today I had my first flying lesson.

The most scary, terrifying and exhilarating thing I have ever done. Hats off to those who fly!

This was my first time and I have to say - how on earth did those guys who flew bombers in WWII cope with that. So much to think of and so much to do. The guys who had to deal with damaged aircraft and to make sure they got their crew home safely are men of a different world.

I cannot begin to explain the feeling of flying. Think I have at last found a new hobby :)

20130711_172052.jpg