Rockingham Castle Steam Festival & Family Show

Visited the above mentioned show yesterday after it's move from Belvoir Castle and change of weekends. Weather was a little chilly in the morning but soon warmed up throughout the day. I thought there wasn't as much in attendance as in previous years, albeit there were some new vehicles on show.

Military section was down in numbers, although it did have some smart and interesting vehicles on show which were again new to me.

Starting with the small stuff then:

099_zpsfc0fbddc.jpg

083_zpsc0d3f70a.jpg

072_zpsdb94c3e6.jpg

009_zps44dbe854.jpg

Hi Scott,

Some good pics! I chose to give it a miss this year as I took the green goddess to Earl's Barton Fire and Rescue show last weekend so two on the bounce would have broken the bank I think!! Also the timing was better last year when it was at Belvoir. Looks good though, might reconsider next year - is it planned for it to be the same weekend?

Cheers, Duncan

Hi Scott,

Some good pics! I chose to give it a miss this year as I took the green goddess to Earl's Barton Fire and Rescue show last weekend so two on the bounce would have broken the bank I think!! Also the timing was better last year when it was at Belvoir. Looks good though, might reconsider next year - is it planned for it to be the same weekend?

Cheers, Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I think a lot of people are doing the same these days and having a weekend off after being out the previous week due to the costs involved with the hobby. I did enjoy the day out, as we couldn't go for the weekend this year, and we will more than likely be back again next year. I'm not sure about the dates as this year I know it had to be slotted in after Belvoir was no longer available. Whether it will revert back to the old dates of the third weekend in May I do not know.

Scott

Next year's dates were given in the programme as 31st May & 1st June 2014.

You managed to find a programme then? I looked all over for one and when the gentleman on the tannoy during the steam parade said that they hadn't had time to produce one I thought that was that. Thanks for giving us the dates.

No problem.

It wasn't a programme as we'd normally expect, but a folded A4-size sheet handed out with admission at the public entrance.

Ah right I see, we didn't get anything like that when we came in through the exhibitors entrance.