24v prop driven generator questions?

Hi

my k9 has a LARGE generator fitted running off the transfer box via a little gearbox..

2013-05-22 20.12.39.jpg

The wiring goes into this box of tricks in the cab...

2013-05-22 20.11.19.jpg

What does this clever box do??

there is then 2 sheilded wires coming out of the back of the cab from the box on the left, these have been cut and now go to nothing?

Can anyone explain a bit more about this system...my hope is that i can use this to charge a bank of 12v leisure batteries as i am hoping to convert my k9 to use as a camper. would this be possible??

2013-05-22 20.08.54.jpg

I suspect it was once used as Truck 1-Ton Charging Signals. You can see the general set up on pages 10 & 11 of this:

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/pdf/SHELTERS.pdf

Have you got a picture of the CAV plate & some more distant pictures to identify the positions of those items?

User Trials were undertaken by SRDE Christchurch in comparing two different chargers the Westalite Type 1546 & the STC Model 22FLEE.2527A.

I suspect it was once used as Truck 1-Ton Charging Signals. You can see the general set up on pages 10 & 11 of this:

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/pdf/SHELTERS.pdf

Have you got a picture of the CAV plate & some more distant pictures to identify the positions of those items?

User Trials were undertaken by SRDE Christchurch in comparing two different chargers the Westalite Type 1546 & the STC Model 22FLEE.2527A.

Many thanks for that...

2013-05-10 16.23.43.jpg

You can just see the box of tricks on the right, it sits on the rear wall of the cab between the seats.

2013-05-22 20.24.38.jpg

It seems like a strange system as the generator would only be turning if the truck was driving, as it is driven by the prop??? unless the transferbox has a neutral position?

i shall try to get some better pictures this afternoon...

It seems like a strange system as the generator would only be turning if the truck was driving, as it is driven by the prop??? unless the transferbox has a neutral position?

i shall try to get some better pictures this afternoon...

Now you have shown us the data plate, all is clear, it is not the vehicle that Clive was thinking of, it is in fact the wireless bodied truck, with the box type body and door in centre of rear end. The PTO generator would be used when parked up for charging the batteries for the wireless installation. you are correct in thinking it does not work on the move. The transfer box has to have drive deselected to engage PTO.