Difficulty posting

Dougy FV432

Hello All,

Is it me, or do other members go through the trouble of writing out a long detailed reply to a topic, to only submit and then get HMVF not responding, then try to recover webpage, and eventually get back to where you started, to find you have lost your reply. What is even worse is when you have tried to be one step ahead and ctrlC your text to just paste it to find that it has lost that aswell! But your still one step ahead, your pasted it on notepad first, ha ha! In you go straight in, ctrlV, submit! Then you get you need to log in to post!

Off to CtrlC and V

Dougy

I used to have that problem quite a lot but in recent months its been good. But depended if I was on laptop or pc.

Never found out why, but I suspect different windows or explorer versions, or some other IT BS

I say BS as I really think some of this is created by the software companies as I have some sites that will crash all the time in explorer and work fine in chrome. That in itself is not new, but the bugs and hanging are I feel often deliberately created so you are forced into an update. This again would be ok.

What really annoys me though now is:

1. typically you don't need the update, even when it says critical blah blah as if you close and reopen, no problem.

2. The main purpose is to install crap on your computer you don't want by stealth, very fine print or other skulduggery.

Then you get you need to log in to post!

Sounds like you are not ticking the "Remember Me" box if you are being logged out of the forum.. no other reports of this problem..

Also most problem that are reported are from members that are using IE.. we recommend switching browsers to Firefox, Chrome etc..

• 2 weeks later...

This, or a similar problem bugs me as well. Using latest firefox on laptop or IE8 at work. Say there is a link within a post and you click on it, after reading that link you return to the forum to find you've been logged out. I have also had the same problem as Dougy when I've been posting. Hence, I don't post much, unless I've done it from Notepad, but even then, as has been said, while gathering attachments, you're logged out. I'm on lots of other forums as well, and the problem doesn't manifest itself on those. Quite a few of them are Vbulletin ones.

Nige

This, or a similar problem bugs me as well. Using latest firefox on laptop or IE8 at work. Say there is a link within a post and you click on it, after reading that link you return to the forum to find you've been logged out. I have also had the same problem as Dougy when I've been posting. Hence, I don't post much, unless I've done it from Notepad, but even then, as has been said, while gathering attachments, you're logged out. I'm on lots of other forums as well, and the problem doesn't manifest itself on those. Quite a few of them are Vbulletin ones.

Nige

Are you ticking the remember me box at log in ?