Tour DUKW sinks

Nick Johns

Look what hoseman found today!!!!

And Ive got full permission to crawl over / under her!!!!

More pics of the inside to follow and of the work getting done on her.

If you need any further info let me know!

15-7-13 003.jpg

15-7-13 004.jpg

15-7-13 005.jpg

15-7-13 006.jpg

15-7-13 007.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip: Clean the lens on your phone/camera before taking pictures. The lens is subjected to a lot of fatty fingerprints being placed on the lens over and over. The pictures all get that veiled look and you loose tons of detail.

Just a friendly tip..

Goran N

Tip: Clean the lens on your phone/camera before taking pictures. The lens is subjected to a lot of fatty fingerprints being placed on the lens over and over. The pictures all get that veiled look and you loose tons of detail.

Just a friendly tip..

Goran N

Oh, I thought it was a stylistic choice to give that dreamy, olde worlde look.

Oh, I thought it was a stylistic choice to give that dreamy, olde worlde look.

I too thought I was using my artistic bent mate....!!!!!

I work in oil, I wear oily clothes and so does my fone, sorry but thats as clean as it gets. ;)

Also was almost in direct sunlight, but I can get better pics whenever required.

• 1 year later...

I wonder how much work would be involved in returning them to original specification ? I can't imagine anyone setting up a DUKW ride business with them after the recent press coverage which should be enough to scare off any bank manager asked for start up finance ! I'm sure they must have a few decades left as non-swimming historic vehicles if it can be done (sadly I lack the time and funds to attempt it)

Iain

• 1 month later...

hi guys all four ducks from Liverpool were up for sale recently for £25,000 each if sold seperately or £16,000 each if you bought all four whacky two and whacky eight are still capable of swimming but whacky four and whacky one need lots of work and they are very parts intensive I used to drive them every day.

Who would want to buy them? The Liverpool DUKW's have been up for sale for ages, apparently most are in a poor state, vandalised and parts/equipment stolen whilst in storage, as said in previous posts they've been too modified to consider restoring

Following the well publicised accidents I think the chances now of any UK or EU tour operator ever being granted a new licence is pretty well nill to operate an amphibious service using ww2 DUKW's without further extensive modifications

Edited by Nick Johns

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought with the correct work they could be put back in to use?

The thing people often forget is the age of them, so you have to consider re engineering for reliability.

I know the purists wouldn't like it but to me it would be nice to see them back on the road.

The tourists loved them

Kids have often canoed around the docks with the school water sports and you are told to give way to the Duck!

They must be on loads of tourists pictures.

• 5 years later...