Long time biker, first time classic biker.....

mattyp

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself as requested :)

I am 33, turn 34 wayyyy too soon for my liking but there you have it. I have been riding since I was 16 and my baby right now is a Ducati 916 in bright yellow! I will never part with her but I have always wanted to get more into the Brit classics so..... I am hopefully about to buy a Triumph 3HW....

I am hoping that this will see me out and about the Devonshire roads this summer just pottering about in the sunshine but I do hope more that it won't see me struggling too much by the side of the road! Anyway, it should be an adventure and I look forward to reading through the forums about how to keep her in tip top running order!

That's it really for now, so hello and thanks for having me here :)

Matt.

Good Move, Matt. You'll be converting the Ducati to right-foot shift soon !

There is something to be said for being able to run top gear and not exceed the national speed limit. I enjoy it more and more (but I'm a good bit older and my 'modern' bike is now older than you are....)

Unless you're very lucky with the previous owner, you are likely to have teething troubles but once it's sorted, it shouldn't give problems over leisure mileage.

Welcome to the HMVF, I've got both a modern bike and a British classic and theres plenty of fun to be had on both, as for breaking down when/if that happens odds on you will be able to fix the Brit bike at the roadside but doubt the same goes for the Ducati :D Re-adjust your riding style and sit back and enjoy the scenery and forget about lap times !

Welcome Matt

I have a ZXR750 and ZX7RR track bike, but also run a small collection of post war armoured vehicles. Hope you enjoy the Triumph, just dont forget the spill kit for your driveway!

Cheers

Timbo

Wow! What a warm welcome, thanks so much everyone :)

79/100, i don't think I will mess with the Duke although my mate and I manage to change her belts with a little bit of swearing! I have had a bit of 'correct' gear action on my dad's old RE GT Continental so hopefully I won't embarrass myself!

Willys, Locolines, thanks for saying hi, I can't wait to get plodding!

Arcot1751 I think laptimes will be the furthest thing from my mind! I can't wait!

Rattlesnake and Timbo, I guess I just wanted something new to try as opposed to full on race leathers etc but I will be sure to steal, errr I mean 'borrow' some absorbent spill pads from work!! ;)

Hi and welcome

I haven't been on here for long but have had loads of helpful advice already...i got rid of my VFR750 due to shoulder probs and riding position and now have a WDCO and cant wait to get it out on the road. Ill hopefully be doing some shows down your way as we have our caravan at Axminster and thought we'd use that as a base for some shows.

Chris

Hi and welcome

I haven't been on here for long but have had loads of helpful advice already...i got rid of my VFR750 due to shoulder probs and riding position and now have a WDCO and cant wait to get it out on the road. Ill hopefully be doing some shows down your way as we have our caravan at Axminster and thought we'd use that as a base for some shows.

Chris

Hey Chris :)

Axminster is a great part of the world! I go canoeing quite a bit on the Ax with my dad. I know exactly what you mean about how you can't wait to get out! I just hope the summer is better than last year!