Reflection of camera flash plus face (yours?) in double-glazed window?

John

I wouldn't have thought of that one John but I see what you mean. But I don't have a round face quite like that one :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Clive, I eventually worked out that the piece at the right-hand side looked like an electrode. Mind you, just goes to show how the brain works when you're asleep - note the time of my post!

(And the plug is arcing over for some reason - crud on the insulator?)

Andy

(And the plug is arcing over for some reason - crud on the insulator?)

Andy

Yes & well done again. That is precisely the problem.

The leakage due to the carbonisation was 200 megohms. The arcing is as the result of only applying 1,000 volts, which was insufficient to jump the spark gap.

Increasing it to 2,500 volts allowed it to jump the gap. Well for some of the time as there were usually 2 or 3 points of arcing around the "insulator". So not a very reliable state of affairs although the engine ran & one might assume that the sparking department was working properly!

So obvious, why didn't we spot that one? The face is a bit spooky though....:shake:

Yes Bernard its very easy to get in a mental rut influenced by what others have also thought. These images are quite pretty, I have got several sets of pictures with shutter on "burst". Might take a clip for youtube. The trouble is trying to hold the camera steady & in focus because it doesn't like being focussed on the spark & hold down the button on the megger. I think this one is 2,500 volts it did jump the gap a few times but preferred jumping round the edge.

Dsc04292a_zps941d107d.jpg

How's the PC now?
Ok now I think. Once I removed & repaired registry things seemed to solve it. It started yesterday when I was on here. I posted one reply then started on another but it kept running away so the reply was pages & pages of unending blank message. Then when opening a file or a programme I would get 60+ of them opening until the memory couldn't cope. Making me a bit hotter on doing a daily back up!

Very interesting, Clive. I wonder how it behaves with AC drive under compression pressures, with a fuel air mixture? Or is the answer BANG?

Phil I've got a very nice graph I've adapted that I'm going to use in the coming article that plots required HT versus road speed with separate plots for idle, full throttle & accelerating. Accelerating is very demanding in voltage as you might imagine.

Re the PC problem not sure how much was to do with the cleaning up the registry & how much it was to do with a salt & vinegar crisp stuck in the keyboard. With use the crisp got crushed just removed the last bit :red:

Re the PC problem not sure how much was to do with the cleaning up the registry & how much it was to do with a salt & vinegar crisp stuck in the keyboard. With use the crisp got crushed just removed the last bit :red:

:-D:-D:-D:goodidea:

How many times do I have to tell you people, "No food or drinks in the Ops Room"! Our defence equipment is just not designed to survive a crisp attack. (and that's closer to the truth than you might imagine)

I worked in IT at a Farmers co-operative once. They had trouble with a keyboard on a PC. I took it apart and half-a-pound of grain fell out!!

Clive - This is true. You can get clear plastic covers like moulded Condoms for keyboards for severe enviromental environments.