Ferrets In Service

Tootles

Hope I get this right!! Matt was going to post these for me, but I know he's busy, so here goes. The first piccy is of 2nd troop, 'C' sqn, 14/20th Kings Hussars, Belfast, 1970. detail a bit fuzzy, but you can pick out the 'cheese cutters' welded to the turret tops.

armour.jpg

Lastly, our 'home' for many tours of Belfast, Flax Street Mill, just off the Crumlin Road, now being converted to flats. I can only remember all those killed in this location, and wonder now if it was really worth the sacrifice.:-(:-(

Hope you vehicle and uniform buffs find some interest in the pictures.

Dave.

flax.jpg

Clive

Whats the ESP on 15BK45........

Keep up Wayne, I think you'll find we've discussed this one before when the picture was first posted some while back :D

15 BK 45 entered service as FV1601 26/1/54

Not struck off & recovered but stayed in service until SO to J.Hirst & Son 17/8/95

Clive

Whats the ESP on 15BK45........

Nice to see a Pig in those images.

Thanks

15BK45 was, at the time, on the strength of 156 Inkerman Battery, 94 Locating Regiment, RA. The photo was taken on the morning of the first 'official' British Army Fatality in Northern Ireland, when Gunner Curtis was shot and fatally wounded.

No, it was never adopted........The idea came from a couple of Republican guys, who had adapted a Moggy Minor van to take a catapult. They fired nail bombs with it.

And so, the wizards of the MOD had a bulb light up in their heads......a repo Lanny would make a very interesting show stopper!!

No, it was never adopted........The idea came from a couple of Republican guys, who had adapted a Moggy Minor van to take a catapult. They fired nail bombs with it.

And so, the wizards of the MOD had a bulb light up in their heads......a repo Lanny would make a very interesting show stopper!!

Tootles have you ever reunited with your old Ferret?

No, but in April I am going to be re-united with the very first Chieftain I signed for!! 04EB68. Its on Otterburn Range.

Its odd really. Just dug out my old troop notebook. We only knew them by their last two numbers, and so, my very first Ferret was '' '' 64. The others were '' '' 16, '' '' 10, and '' '' 83. No idea now what the other letters were, but perhaps someone more in tune can illuminate?? :kiss::kiss:

Edited by Tootles
bad memory!!

No, but in April I am going to be re-united with the very first Chieftain I signed for!! 00EB68. Its on Otterburn Range.

Its odd really. Just dug out my old troop notebook. We only knew them by their last two numbers, and so, my very first Ferret was '' '' 64. The others were '' '' 16, '' '' 10, and '' '' 83. No idea now what the other letters were, but perhaps someone more in tune can illuminate?? :kiss::kiss:

R

Really great...Remember to bring your camera.......

No, but in April I am going to be re-united with the very first Chieftain I signed for!! 04EB68. Its on Otterburn Range..........:kiss::kiss:

I take it she's on the range as a target ?....won't you find that bit heartbreaking??..

....I don't know if I'd want to go and see a tank I'd 'owned' and 'lived in' if she was in a battered and smashed state...for fiscal reasons as well as emotional mind you!.....mainly because if I saw 'my' tank all forlorn up on a moor taking a beating I'd invariably have to start some daft scheme involving loads of money I don't have to 'rescue' her ! :-D