Anyone live near chicago that has a Ferret ?

joeferret

Surely the Black Hills of South Dakota re more than 40 miles SW of Chicago?
About 960 miles.....Grew up & worked in chicago area then retired to Heaven in the Black Hills...Due to major family medical problem now back in chicago area (unfortunately) for a few months.......Trying to keep a positive outlook on things while i am back here for a bit....Been studying all i can about the Ferret to keep my mind busy.....Very close to being a Ferret owner....Pics would follow when that happens.........

I'm a bit further north of you up here in Canada, whats up?

Gladly give you my phone number if you want a chat, just email me.

Robin

What's up is i feel like a fish out of water since i am very close to being a Ferret owner....Just appreciate all the advice i can get on things....Robin your one of the members that likes to share information and i really appreciate that...People like you and others are what this makes such a great forum and hobby.....IF anyone offers to PM me i may have Ferret questions that's all.....Just excited and worried,well all of you know the feeling....I know alot of you are still working and i am retired and have time on my hands,so i value your time.......I just don't want to be a pain to anyone bothering them with questions...

I have read this forum over again many times about anything and all things related to the Ferret....Due to some problems i can't remember things too well anymore and just don't want to seem like a pest.

Thanks to all for such a great forum and hobby....I can imagine how proud those of you that served with the Ferret are....

Thanks to all....

Sincerly,

Joe

ps.IF my deal goes thru i will post pics in about 2 weeks...

I'm a bit further north of you up here in Canada, whats up?

Gladly give you my phone number if you want a chat, just email me.

Robin

By the way Robin the Ferret i may purchase was from the Canadian Army...I am in touch with Colin and he is excited about it as it hasn't been in service in civilian life with any info........Hope the deal goes thru...

Have a great day everyone......

Ah Joe! I'm sorry to say you have an incurable case of Green Disiease. Prime symptom is asking lots of questions about obscure bits of kit. Like the rest of us, you'll just have to live with it! :-D

Its incurable I'm with Tony on that best off luck I've had Ferretitius for last nine or so years its been fun I must admit

Ah Joe! I'm sorry to say you have an incurable case of Green Disiease. Prime symptom is asking lots of questions about obscure bits of kit. Like the rest of us, you'll just have to live with it! :-D

Yes Tony.....Received all handbooks yesterday...Lots to study and learn...The best are the individual stories of regular back yard mechanics and the soldiers that served...

The previous owner of the Ferret said it shipped out wednesday in an enclosed trailer....He said it was in the trailer with expensive classic Porche's and Bmw's...He said it was quite a sight to see...I told him one of those Porche's better not scratch my tank...LOL.....

Any personal tips on anything about the Ferret please feel free to pm me...Any tips are greatly appreciated from everyone..

Joe

• 2 years later...