Help Wanted owner of Ferret Mark 1 GVS 612

Mark Collins

Hi All

Does anyone know the owner of a mark 1 Ferret Reg No. GVS 612. The reason I ask is that Mark Taylor (West Sussex Area secretary) has received an email from a gentleman who runs an Aircraft Musuem in Charlwood, Surrey (which I think is Sutton Valance) and he has got a film of a Ferret jumping a Shackleton and would like to send the owner a copy. Please see beloe for a picture and also a copy of the email.

(Hello Mark,I wonder if you you can help with this. Quite a number of years ago I was at the airplane museum near Charlwood when the owner hoped to start up the Shackleton. He had a problem with his trolleyac and the day was saved by the above vehicle. One does not often see a Shackleton started with jump leads from a Ferret and I have a pretty good record of this event captured by camcorder. I am currently re-organising my various cine films and videos and came across this the other day. If you know who the owner of this vehicle is now, I would happily make him a copy on DVD. It is, after all, a bit of the Ferret's history. If you can help, many thanks. The attached picture is "snatched" from the tape so very poor quality! Regards Mike Thomas)

I hope someone on here is able to help. please fill free to PM me if you know who owns it as I have a contact number for Mike.

002.JPG

Hi All

Does anyone know the owner of a mark 1 Ferret Reg No. GVS 612. The reason I ask is that Mark Taylor (West Sussex Area secretary) has received an email from a gentleman who runs an Aircraft Musuem in Charlwood, Surrey (which I think is Sutton Valance) and he has got a film of a Ferret jumping a Shackleton and would like to send the owner a copy. Please see beloe for a picture and also a copy of the email.

(Hello Mark,I wonder if you you can help with this. Quite a number of years ago I was at the airplane museum near Charlwood when the owner hoped to start up the Shackleton. He had a problem with his trolleyac and the day was saved by the above vehicle. One does not often see a Shackleton started with jump leads from a Ferret and I have a pretty good record of this event captured by camcorder. I am currently re-organising my various cine films and videos and came across this the other day. If you know who the owner of this vehicle is now, I would happily make him a copy on DVD. It is, after all, a bit of the Ferret's history. If you can help, many thanks. The attached picture is "snatched" from the tape so very poor quality! Regards Mike Thomas)

I hope someone on here is able to help. please fill free to PM me if you know who owns it as I have a contact number for Mike.

I'm afraid I don't know which ferret this is.

Also the DVLA vehicle enquiry shows that the ferret hasn't been taxed of sorned since 1998.

Regards

Matt

Does anyone know who owns this Ferret registration QVS 612?

I have had an email of a gent by the name of Mike (email below) asking if I could identify the Ferret in the picture below. I can't and as I think its a Q reg it might have changed its identity by now or been re-registered or exported. Happy to pass on the details if need be off this forum

Quite a number of years ago I was at the airplane museum near Gatwick when the owner hoped to start up his Shackleton. He had a problem with his trolleyac and the day was saved by the above vehicle. One does not often see a Shackleton started with jump leads from a Ferret and I have a pretty good record of this event captured by camcorder. I am currently re-organising my various cine films and videos and came across this the other day. If you know who the owner of this vehicle is now, I would happily make him a copy on DVD. It is, after all, a bit of the Ferret's history. If you can help, many thanks. The attached picture is "snatched" from the tape so very poor quality!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72017[/ATTACH]

That will be Geoff Cosins from Dorking. He says it was a hair raising experence (he does not have a lot of hair anyway) The Ferret started life in Cranleigh i think i got it from Cranleigh School then it got sold on to a local guy in Cranleigh then Geoff who sold it to another collector and then ended up i think in Spain!. It attended many shows in the south and won a pot at Southsea in 1994. It was GVS 612 . I talk to Geoff weekly he Is not a forum guy but he would love a DVD. Philip Bashall.

That will be Geoff Cosins from Dorking. He says it was a hair raising experence (he does not have a lot of hair anyway) The Ferret started life in Cranleigh i think i got it from Cranleigh School then it got sold on to a local guy in Cranleigh then Geoff who sold it to another collector and then ended up i think in Spain!. It attended many shows in the south and won a pot at Southsea in 1994. It was GVS 612 . I talk to Geoff weekly he Is not a forum guy but he would love a DVD. Philip Bashall.

Brilliant I'll pass on the email address and phone number to you