Snow or the lack of it in the UK

ferrettkitt

A moan :mad:

For the past week or so it has been forecast that we will be having snow in the UK, it was due to arrive on Friday (11/01/13) then on Saturday and then on Sunday now its due to arrive on Monday. Can they stick to a day or admit that they can not forecast the weather... Is it to much to ask? If you had to rely on these charlatans you would never go out.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed.

I've got to do some work on my vehicle, but I also want to take 'snowy' pictures for my next Christmas card. Don't want to start the work and miss the photo oportunity.

Don't won't to work! If you can't get one day a year off the road due to snow, what is the climate coming to! :D

It's just started here (Halifax) ...very fine though, don't know if it will amount to much... thoroughly agree with OP though, fed up hearing "it's going to snow, it's going to snow/freeze" etc and nothing happening!

A moan :mad:

For the past week or so it has been forecast that we will be having snow in the UK, it was due to arrive on Friday (11/01/13) then on Saturday and then on Sunday now its due to arrive on Monday. Can they stick to a day or admit that they can not forecast the weather... Is it to much to ask? If you had to rely on these charlatans you would never go out.

Andy, It's been held up by Leaves on the Line Mate!................:cheesy:

In Defence of the Met Office, they are very good at predicting conditions at 39,000 feet! Which is what the RAF wanted them for. As for snow in London, Ladies and Gentlemen! THE SNOWFLAKE HAS LANDED! The tube has packed up, there were ques at supermarkets and Harrod's has sold out of ski wear. Don't you just love winter? :nut:

With us the do good snow prediction 5 weeks ago they predicted 10 inch of snow and it can in time, they said it will last a week than i gets warm and disappears it did. SO no white Christmas, but we get snow to day they say. I have put some extra wood logs on the fire.

Any how we don't need to drive to the winter sport

Peter

http://www.milmarket.org

Been snowing here in Bucks most off the day.

Sadly it is the wrong sort of snow.

The ground was not frozen, it is to warm, it is turning to slush. there is nowhere near enough and it is a Monday.

What I want is freezing temperatures and 6 inches of snow over nifgt Friday and then I can get the Land Rover out and go sledging on a Saturday.

Mike