Wartime in the Vale, 22 & 23 June, Ashdown WW2 Camp, Evesham, Worcestershire

The Shorland has just passed its MOT & ready to come.

Just hope it can cope with all those hills on the way :D

Well done Clive.... I bet you were pleased after all the TLC recently etc. How's the FV1609 getting on. I've noticed the gearbox is....... Nice and Yellow!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne I've come to realise that the primer on the Shorland armour is the same yellow. FV1609 floor is gradually going back in, but the problem is not just fitting the ali floor but the plywood floor as well, then the battery frame, then the battery boxes & then the seat. Once its all back I don't want to see bits I have missed as I keep seeing little bits I have missed then go back over again & dribble a bit on something in an attempt to get at some deep crevice. So it is a cycle of sky blue, lemon, DBG & black touch ups.

So mavbe I will take the Pig to Evesham next year, but the trouble is all them hills. I don't doubt either will make up them eventually but what concerns me is the moronic driver be it of HGV or car that thinks they can bully me into going faster by tailgating. Having to go into first gear often causes recriminations, which I can do without.

what concerns me is the moronic driver be it of HGV or car that thinks they can bully me into going faster by tailgating. Having to go into first gear often causes recriminations, which I can do without.

I feel your pain Clive, had plenty of that annoyance when Forceful was petrol engined, one just has to learn to rise above..:angel:

Or dream of re-powering.....drivingskid.gif see you there!

• 3 weeks later...

More treats for you guys.

We've got more traders booked in than ever before, over 60 so do bring some pocket money.

In addition to the four BBMF aircraft coming, I just took a call confirming that the Red Arrows are also going to be with us on the Sunday, admittedly in the excitement I forgot to ask if thats for a flypast or display, but I'm just thrilled that they will be there.

Popped over to the camp yesterday & took some pics of some recent additions.

Now have a 2nd Consol shelter (the slightly smaller one) which was lifted out of a garden in Windsor so guess it may have been outside a Royal residence.

And in April these 20+ anti-tank blocks were salvaged from underneath the Abbey Road bridge in Evesham which is currently being re-built. I was expecting them to be taller like the one in the background, but guess they would still do the job once correctly spaced out.

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Latest count of MV's is now just over 350 & still plenty of time to book in. The MOD called today & are going to be bringing their latest Wrecker & a few other interesting pieces.

And we've a great line up of performers with singers Ruby Lamont, Clare Challoner, burlesque performer Kitty Ribbons, lindy hop group Jazz-Jive-Swing & Forties DJ Woody, so bring your dancing shoes as well.

Had another great entry today, Mark's 1916 Albion A10, so that is just going to look great if we get that parked up in the camp & paired up with 'The Garrisons' first world war 18 pounder, can't wait to see it.

If your looking for a fantastic entertainer book Pete Wayre, fantastic singer, just see him at Wickstead at War, outstanding

Not sure if you are having a little dig at me, as we had originally booked Peter but for one reason or another we changed acts. But glad to hear he performed well.

Not sure if you are having a little dig at me, as we had originally booked Peter but for one reason or another we changed acts. But glad to hear he performed well.

No dig Paul, was not aware you had booked him and changed acts.

Just to say that all vehicle entry numbers have either been emailed or posted today. That was another Sunday gone.

But don't let that put you off from coming as there is still room/time to book in.

cheers

Paul