Stoneleigh Jan 27th 2013

Did you find that elusive part or piece of kit at Stoneleigh?

Oh my goodness YES!

WS18 aerial rods

WS46 headset/microphone assembly

Various and sundry WS19 aerial feeder cables

WS62 outer case.

Field telephone amplifier, in webbing case.

44 pattern small pack (Should have gone for a water bottle pouch and stuff, too).

Not to mention a 1994 (published by Kent County Council) booklet on Fortitude South (the deception operations) which revealed that not even the unit adjutant knew what the initials "S.P.F." (as in Wireless Set No.19 S.P.F.) stood for. Still, it's a useful research lead and quite interesting nonetheless.

Plus, the WS62 case fits my set and is in much better condition than the other two attempts - restoration work will now commence!

A good day out, even though the piggybank is hiding behind the wardrobe and refusing to come out. Again.

Thanks Ian.

Actually, you never know what you might find. Because i have been going to Stoneleigh for 20 years and never once found a piece of GWT the odds must surely be working in my favour. Every year i dont find something must improve the chance of finding something even more special next year so i have to keep going.

Anyway, it was good to see you both and it was entertaining to watch small John haggle unsuccesfully over the WOT manual before finally paying the asking price. A grand day out.

Tim

Edited by Great War truck

a few items........... and a couple I needed to!!!!!!!!:D

RAF Bonedome

1945 dated RAF "Chip Bag" hat

44 pattern pistol belt

44 pattern pistol ammo pouch

37 pattern pistol holster (blancoed white)

37 pistol belt and 58 pattern holster (blancoed white)

and finally

Staffordshire Regt beret and chrome belt buckle

Feed back all rounds sounds very good.

Anyone fancy writing a review for us >500 words so that we can use it on War History Online? PM me if you would like to.

Cheers!

Jack.

And where the Bl**?y He** were you yesterday? Dorset totally flooded out and unable to reach the county line?

Neil and I sat in the coffee shop all lunchtime desperately hoping for a recreation of last years banter around the table and hoping that Claire and you were going to show up, but after over 2 hours sat at the table waiting and waiting and waiting, we reluctantly accepted that the fact that we were going to have to face up to the grim facts and were probably going to have to go and buy a coffee ourselves...........

..............The waitress who was clearing the tables the whole time kept giving us such stern looks!

Yes, we noticed the abscence of Jack. Didnt feel quite right without him being there. So to make myself feel better i had to take the pee out of complete strangers instead.

Not quite so many people dressed up in uniform this year. At least one chap wandering around dressed like a member of the Taliban. He caught some funny looks.

Not quite so many people dressed up in uniform this year. At least one chap wandering around dressed like a member of the Taliban. He caught some funny looks.

Could've been Lee (Marmite),in the past he's been known to favour that form of dress;)

You know why Jack wasnt there dont you? He would have had to have dipped into his wallet and bought drinks........;)

Anyway, did you see these 2 characters? myself and Andy (Airportable).

Speaking of people in uniform, spotted 1 East German, several WW11 (including a short German Officer,and 2 women in Black uniform,) Yanks (including Vietnam) and a few in DPM including 1 chap with RAF beret that looked like a soup plate, and had the ribbons untied and dangling down, was itching to "tear him off a strip"..Some nice Victorian reenactors too!

Mark

PS, sorry Andy, used your piccy!!

424810_412781992135677_890909798_n.jpg

Yes, we noticed the abscence of Jack. Didnt feel quite right without him being there. So to make myself feel better i had to take the pee out of complete strangers instead.

To be honest I noticed the lack of people dressed up other than people who had an stand.

I have nothing against it but have often wondered why people do dress up in uniform to go shopping, I can understand when taking a vehicle to a show. As I said nothing against it ,maybe someone could explain the idea behind it so that next time I go to Tesco or John Lewis I wan't feel so silly........;)

And where the Bl**?y He** were you yesterday? Dorset totally flooded out and unable to reach the county line?

Neil and I sat in the coffee shop all lunchtime desperately hoping for a recreation of last years banter around the table and hoping that Claire and you were going to show up, but after over 2 hours sat at the table waiting and waiting and waiting, we reluctantly accepted that the fact that we were going to have to face up to the grim facts and were probably going to have to go and buy a coffee ourselves...........

..............The waitress who was clearing the tables the whole time kept giving us such stern looks!

Oh b*gger!

- we were waiting for you guys at the hot dog van at Malvern - we both had our best frocks on too! I thought something was odd as the show was a gold fish show:wow:

Edited by Jack

Oh b*gger!

- we were waiting for you guys at the hot dog van at Malvern - we both had our best frocks on too! I thought something was odd as the show was a gold fish show:wow:[/quote

Good to know youre sense of directions hasnt got any better :-D