Stoneleigh Jan 27th 2013

Has anybody noticed that Stoneleigh has got new organisers Graham and Amanda from Jeep Parts

have taken over running this event and have you seen the new layout for Stoneleigh it looks like they

have gone for more stall holders lets hope they get the support they deserve

Commander

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone going or is to early?

Its gone tits up for me I booked the meal for my better halfs fortieth birthday dinner with the family for the same day!!! I didn't check the dates :( I did think about going but I didn't fancy my chances of being able to get back into the house without a locksmith :D Plus when I mentioned about going the look I got could have curdled milk :wow:

Its gone tits up for me I booked the meal for my better halfs fortieth birthday dinner with the family for the same day!!! I didn't check the dates :( I did think about going but I didn't fancy my chances of being able to get back into the house without a locksmith :D Plus when I mentioned about going the look I got could have curdled milk :wow:

You should never say that you are going, you should always say that you have been!!!!.......... Have a nice meal.

If there is anything you particularly need or want picking up Andy, I will be going.

Weather & time permitting we hope to get there . Has the parts situation not improved then ? Was hoping to pick up one or two bits for the jeep .

Its being run by Jeep parts isn't it now so that side is catered for? Not sure if its original parts that you're after that might take some wandering about for.. all part of the fun of going!

Have fun

Weather & time permitting we hope to get there . Has the parts situation not improved then ? Was hoping to pick up one or two bits for the jeep .

Plenty of New & repro parts will be available there from Jeeparts, Universal Jeep, etc, but unlikely these days to find any genuine original or NOS parts, been the case for some years now at all militaria events, given up going, anything decent and scarce parts go for auction on Ebay same goes for lot of MV bits

Edited by Nick Johns

Thanks chaps - repair bits & pieces I'm looking for & a set of sidescreens so....as long as the snow doesn't get too deep we should be there !

With a name like SnowTracDave, you should be the last person on here worried about a few inches of snow!!

I shall be going.

Went to the first one when I was 16 (when it was still an MVT affiliated event and members got a reduction), but in those draughty cattle sheds with the freezing cold concrete floor............so I guess a regular for over 20 years now............

..................In the word of Tony Hancock from the Blood Donor "Do we get a badge?"

Edited by M5Clive

With a name like SnowTracDave, you should be the last person on here worried about a few inches of snow!!

Asked for that one didn't I !

ST is trapped in the garage behind a dead Unimog at the moment.....and I think the tracks might get some bit longer travelling that far (they get warm during prolonged use and stretch).

More of a toss up between comfy quick car if the roads are good or not so quick 4x4 truck if a blizzard sets in :-D

We will be there putting on a diorama with the Birmingham & West Midland guys, try to find the time to say hello........ after you have bought all of your goodies of course.

Got up early this morning only to find that we had 6 inches of snow over night, we struggled to get to the motorway (M6)

Things improved considerably on the journey, fixed the diorama (not me, our son Tony and the guys from the Birmingham and West Midlands Area.) I went looking for a new speedo for my Harley, (The face is fading) found a new face, so it proved to be a good day for me, I think that I have saved at least £100 on that deal......... back down again tomorrow (Sun)