Centaur Gun Tank Ressurection!.

kevin powles

• 2 months later...

Looking good Kevin. My dash has been redone and it is in black, and I will leave it in black, like my Humber instead of painting it white, so it will be a little different than Ricks and yours, unless he already painted it.. I will add some pictures of mine here, have to download them from the iPhone.

Lance

Adrian, don't forget to send me a list of the bits and prices, so I can send you some bosh before Rick comes to see you.

Kevin, got around to downloading my pics. I am going to leave mine black, my HSC was is black and I want it to be a little different than all the other ones out there. Just have to put my gauges in too, with the correct length of wire and coil.

IMG_7194 copy.jpg

IMG_7197 copy.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7196.jpg

With the 20' tube and diaphragm banjo fitting?

No just the gauge, thread fitting on the back so can make the tube and fitting to suit.

Old Git, You asked for some photos, here is a few from today, 2 pins out in 4 hours, believe me that's good going, also a picture of the Molasses pit of Doom!, much easier in 1/35th scale.

kevin.

molasses1.jpg

image.jpg

photo.jpg

No just the gauge, thread fitting on the back so can make the tube and fitting to suit.

kevin.

Ok, that's not the right gauge then! Originally, it used a diaphragm sender with a sealed tube to the gauge. This avoids having engine oil under pressure routing through to the panel with the potential for leaks.

Lance, the gauges are not the same.

Cromwell is an 87PG/240 where the tube is 240" long

Humber Scout is a 97PG/192 where the tube is.......192" long.

The 87PG gauge is 0-160 PSI and the 97PG is 0-100 PSI but some illustrations show both and frankly, either would work fine. Out of interest, Centurion ARV uses a 87PG/312 and is a potential source.

Obviously, the longer tube will work in all installations.

Lance, the gauges are not the same.

Cromwell is an 87PG/240 where the tube is 240" long

Humber Scout is a 97PG/192 where the tube is.......192" long.

The 87PG gauge is 0-160 PSI and the 97PG is 0-100 PSI but some illustrations show both and frankly, either would work fine. Out of interest, Centurion ARV uses a 87PG/312 and is a potential source.

Obviously, the longer tube will work in all installations.

Adrian, thanks, I was just wondering, when they did my oil pressure gauge it was leaking some by the gauge itself, but I think it was from a loose fitting, I don't think there is a problem anymore.

When I had my gauges rebuilt, I had them put on new lengths of cable/tubing etc. so if Kevin just has the gauge, I am sure Kevin/or a rebuilder can do the correct length. I will check with Rick, supposedly my other 2 gauges are there, but might just need to be rebuilt and tidied up.

Hi, I will check it out, another question is the colour of the dash, I have seen them painted in black, but this Centaur one had white/cream painted on the back, any advice would be helpful.

Interesting to note that the original cut-away drawings for the Cromwell I which are in the Service Instruction Manual (and are in colour) show them to have a silver interior with a black control panel. Just wondering what the Service Instruction Manual for the Centaur shows?

• 4 years later...

Well some have seen the movement of the Centaur from Kevin's location, the project is now mine and it will go with the other Centaur Dozer that I have, (she is continuing the restoration at this time at track and wheel http://trackandwheel.co.uk/, and will be upgraded to a Cromwell MK IV (meteor) I will just add info and updates here instead of doing a new post, fingers crossed on a few more Centaur/Cromwell/Cavalier projects to add :)

46525749_286984098590576_574360934202474496_n.jpg

46710001_287040515251601_7815960701914054656_o.jpg

46768458_287040531918266_8253135441469898752_o.jpg

IMG_0687 (1).JPG

• Like 1