...has anyone worked out a way to block these annoying sponsored 'threads' ?

79x100

Question

5 answers to this question

Every time that I look on here lately, I recoil...the annoying forum with the compulsory camouflaged advertising...The bad is starting to outweigh the good.

compulsory camouflaged advertising. could you explain??

As we have explained numerous times, the advertising supports the forum. At the moment is it just the same few members donating to the forum all the time that help with the running costs.. we really appreciate these donations.

There is a donate button at the top of the forum home page that any member can use to support the forum..

The adverts help pay for the forum & are here to stay until Jack or Joris decide differently..

compulsory camouflaged advertising. could you explain??

As we have explained numerous times, the advertising supports the forum. At the moment is it just the same few members donating to the forum all the time that help with the running costs.. we really appreciate these donations.

There is a donate button at the top of the forum home page that any member can use to support the forum..

The adverts help pay for the forum & are here to stay until Jack or Joris decide differently..

Hear hear!

I know why they're there. I just want to know how to block them.

I do contribute financially to quite a number of forums but it's just not possible with them all so I suppose that I choose those where I feel most comfortable. I'd like to feel that I belonged here, I really would, but the frequent moderation that alternates between aggression and condescension can be a little wearying at times.

I really would, but the frequent moderation that alternates between aggression and condescension can be a little wearying at times.

There is very little moderation on the forum as the other Mods & Admin can confirm. If anyone want to discuss moderation of the forum please do it via PM with any of the 8 members of the moderation or admin team.

Edited by Marmite!!

I know why they're there. I just want to know how to block them.

I do contribute financially to quite a number of forums but it's just not possible with them all so I suppose that I choose those where I feel most comfortable. I'd like to feel that I belonged here, I really would, but the frequent moderation that alternates between aggression and condescension can be a little wearying at times.

This forum is free to use because of advertising, you can sell your stuff for free here because of advertising. Try selling your stuff for free on eBay! Hours and hours of fun here and only so few ads.

There is always the option of leaving mate, if they bother you so much.

And yes, this thread is now locked.