War and Peace Revival *New Location*

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no kids on quads flying around. The organisers are well aware this has been a problem and have promised to stamp it out.

There is going to be a Police presence at the show and I'm quite happy in this respect. If you're doing nothing wrong, then it's not an issue. There has always been a Police presence at the war and peace shows of past, the only difference was you didn't know it. There is also going to be a mobile cell unit on site for those that need a cooling off period. I think the new show looks great. Yes there will be some teething problems but if everyone follows the rules and follows the marshals instructions, everyone will have a great time. It's only those who think they can do what they like who are in for a rude awakening.

Markheliops

There are no kids on quads flying around. The organisers are well aware this has been a problem and have promised to stamp it out.

There is going to be a Police presence at the show and I'm quite happy in this respect. If you're doing nothing wrong, then it's not an issue. There has always been a Police presence at the war and peace shows of past, the only difference was you didn't know it. There is also going to be a mobile cell unit on site for those that need a cooling off period. I think the new show looks great. Yes there will be some teething problems but if everyone follows the rules and follows the marshals instructions, everyone will have a great time. It's only those who think they can do what they like who are in for a rude awakening.

Markheliops

Very well put Mark. There has been quite a few trying the hardest to put a negative on the new show since it was announced, unfortunately some of the negatives are from forum members (the usual anti Rex Team) all I can say is it's their loss in boycotting the show.

Best wishes to Rex & his team.

Edited by Marmite!!
typo

Don't forget to prepare for my arrival;

-Roll out the Red Carpet

-Have the dancing girls on stand by.

-Be sure to have cold Cola ready plus some pistachios and peanuts on site.

Regards, your favourite Dutchman. :coffee:

Don't forget to prepare for my arrival;

-Roll out the Red Carpet

-Have the dancing girls on stand by.

-Be sure to have cold Cola ready plus some pistachios and peanuts on site.

Regards, your favourite Dutchman. :coffee:

Don't worry Jack's concentrating hard practising his Telekinesis (or Psychokinesis) moving the entire clubhouse to W&P in honour of your arrival as I type, he's nearly got it but the red carpet hanging out the door keeps catching on one of the range wrecks in the car park...

See ya'll there..

Very well put Mark. There has been quite a few trying the hardest to put a negative on the new show since it was announced, unfortunately some of the negatives are from forum members (the usual anti Rex Team) all I can say is it's their loss in boycotting the show.

Best wishes to Rex & his team.

I'm not in the know as regards people putting negatives on the show.I have always thought that Rex puts a good show on, sorry i dont know his team.

I for one am looking forward to it as I always have, MY only negative thought is that I can only get there on Wednesday eve.:(

I'm glad to hear that the problem of kids on quads has been sorted,I look forward to that. But may I ask without being negative, should one see that type of thing going on, where and to whom should it be reported WITHOUT being verbally abused.

I'm not in the know as regards people putting negatives on the show.I have always thought that Rex puts a good show on, sorry i dont know his team.

I for one am looking forward to it as I always have, MY only negative thought is that I can only get there on Wednesday eve.:(

I'm glad to hear that the problem of kids on quads has been sorted,I look forward to that. But may I ask without being negative, should one see that type of thing going on, where and to whom should it be reported WITHOUT being verbally abused.

Hi, you should be able to get a response from the show marshalls in the area you are camped, thats what the "field" marshalls are for among other things..

I'm going to say something that some of you won't like I don't mind seeing kids on quad bikes or motorbikes as long as they are having fun and not hurting anyone. The 'fun' part of war and peace show was and has been the atmosphere of freedom for all and that does includes catering for the kids.

As a child I remember kids racing up and down the Mersey banking all we did was move out of the way and let them have fun! I suspect now that some well meaning old fart boring nimby would now call the police. We live in sad times in this country when it has gotten to the stage that adults do not want children to have the kind of fun that they had when they were children. Do yourselves a favour lighten up

Remember its not just an old farts show if you want peace and quiet go and camp in the furthest field away from the action and munch your prawn butties !!

Health and Safety its common sense or Darwinism for those that don't make it

I'm going to say something that some of you won't like I don't mind seeing kids on quad bikes or motorbikes as long as they are having fun and not hurting anyone. The 'fun' part of war and peace show was and has been the atmosphere of freedom for all and that does includes catering for the kids.

As a child I remember kids racing up and down the Mersey banking all we did was move out of the way and let them have fun! I suspect now that some well meaning old fart boring nimby would now call the police. We live in sad times in this country when it has gotten to the stage that adults do not want children to have the kind of fun that they had when they were children. Do yourselves a favour lighten up

Remember its not just an old farts show if you want peace and quiet go and camp in the furthest field away from the action and munch your prawn butties !!

In some ways my thinking is similar to yours, but the two seven/ten year olds that I came literally within inches of running over with my Scammell when they appeared from nowhere and cut across in front of me hadn't learned common sense or learned much about natural selection yet!

I suspect your may think differently if an uninsured kid crashed into your MV, IMHO kids have no place bombing around any show site. If they want to ride bikes/quads there are clubs out there they can join that cater for that.

Im affraid Ferrettkitt I dont agree with you , there were kids last year roaring around Beltring on motocross bikes pissing most people off ,we all go to W & P to have fun , we didnt pay to go to a moto cross event , the 3 things that most people moan about W & P are the toilets ,the showers and kids on motobikes ,lets hope the marshalls clamp down on them this year !!!

No 1, I aint an old fart, No, 2 I dont munch prawn butties. We take afternoon tea with cucumber sarnnies .

Dont get me wrong I love to see kids having fun, what parent does'nt. What Im talking about is kids charging about on something with an engine in and area where other people have thier pride and joy.

Its not all about just letting the kids go mad its about respect for other people.

As for camping in the furthest field, I'll camp where I like/can, ferrell kids won't drive me away but I suspect/hope they might be

Anyone know if there is a cashmachine somewhere nearby that accepts foreign bankcards? There was one in Paddock Wood. I never bring enough cash anyway... :-D

I get mine before we go accross! It's only if we need any more in an emergency would I use a cash point, and only in desperate times from a service station.

you will pay huge for the exchange rate!

Unfortunately there are those that will not follow the rules, in the pub last night I was speaking to the farmer who's farm is at the end of the racetrack he said he has had to phone Rex already due to quads driving on his land.

he has had to phone Rex already due to quads driving on his land.

Thats what the police are there for? No?

But as you say, some will unfortunately ignore the rules! (who hasn't)

the farmer should charge them a fiver, and make some dish, also keeps them away from everyone else!

No 1, I aint an old fart, No, 2 I dont munch prawn butties. We take afternoon tea with cucumber sarnnies .

Dont get me wrong I love to see kids having fun, what parent does'nt. What Im talking about is kids charging about on something with an engine in and area where other people have thier pride and joy.

Its not all about just letting the kids go mad its about respect for other people.

As for camping in the furthest field, I'll camp where I like/can, ferrell kids won't drive me away but I suspect/hope they might be

100% agree with that. There really is no excuse for it.

Unfortunately there are those that will not follow the rules, in the pub last night I was speaking to the farmer who's farm is at the end of the racetrack he said he has had to phone Rex already due to quads driving on his land.

Oh dear, its started all ready, hope fully Rex will sort out these kids on quads, if not the new show will get a bad reputation with the locals before its started, here's hoping that he can sort things out, but I'm still looking forward to a great show week

Oh dear, its started all ready, hope fully Rex will sort out these kids on quads, if not the new show will get a bad reputation with the locals before its started, here's hoping that he can sort things out, but I'm still looking forward to a great show week

They were adults not kids...