War and Peace Revival *New Location*

I can assure you that my friends and I wont be staying until 6-30pm Sunday eve ,we have now also got a 70 + mile journey home in WW2 vehicles with Wives and Girlfriends awaiting our arrival home after looking after children all week while the men have been away all week on a jolly to W & P .

I arrange for my Low loader to collect my M10 TD at 2-30 Sunday afternoon so that I know it has left before I leave(all safe then) !!! As we have to pay to attend W & P there will not be any one telling me when i can or cannot leave , there is also that small thing of work to attend at 7-30 Mon morning !!!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said before nothing is Official until it's posted on their website & their Facebook page by an Official of the W&P Team..

The link to the post on EMLRA is the EMLRA Marshall's view on what was said at the meeting, not saying it is right or wrong or somewhere in the middle.. as said by a member on EMLRA it's good to air these points & may be the organisers will pick up on the Feedback..

I think the "stay till 18:30" part was primarily for Living History only, not general displays. At least - that was the impression I got from the Sat meeting. As Lee says though, the organizers will be informing all attendees of the rules and layouts in due course so till then nothing is solid fact. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

The Official W&P Map

At long last, the information you’ve all been waiting for!! The War and Peace Revival Site map is here. Take a look and see where you’ll be camping or based. Notice the five “facilities points” where we’ll have toilets, showers, drinking water, refuse areas and chemical toilet disposal. We are more than doubling the showers and toilets that the Hop Farm provided!

wpMapofficial_zps57143a93.jpg

right it states on show info that exhibiters not to leave show ground between 9 and 630 pm due to one way system ? guess i am leaving show ground sat evening or sun morning then!!:undecided: its really the organisers fault why after a public 5 day show and for exhibiters possibly longer , combined with a location that could hardly be called central! would you not close the show on sunday at say 330 pm and charge visitors a tenner for entrance on sunday, that would keep everyone happy ,and reduced entrance fee would be made up by increased numbers thru gates as 18.50 quid to get in for one day i think is bloody expensive!

Edited by griff66

right it states on show info that exhibiters not to leave show ground between 9 and 630 pm due to one way system ? guess i am leaving show ground sat evening or sun morning then!!:undecided: its really the organisers fault why after a public 5 day show and for exhibiters possibly longer , combined with a location that could hardly be called central! would you not close the show on sunday at say 330 pm and charge visitors a tenner for entrance on sunday, that would keep everyone happy ,and reduced entrance fee would be made up by increased numbers thru gates as 18.50 quid to get in for one day i think is bloody expensive!

Because Saturday and Sunday should be the day when they recuperate the most money off the paying punters the fact that the exhibitors want to leave early well..... I can't see how they could stop people leaving early

If anyone has got any concerns regarding leaving early or the running of the show etc. then the best thing would to ask Rex rex@warandpeace.uk.com directly rather than speculating on what is happening.

Don't forget this is a brand new show & none of us know all the details yet. As the War & Peace Team have stated, the only facts that are official are those that they post on Facebook or the W&P Revival website.

as far as I remember we are not allowed to leave the living history field until 6.00 every year, we we would lave but we are not allowed back into the field from the support car park until 6.00 to load up. So no different to me from any other year. I just take Monday off now as it takes to long to take our display down

as far as I remember we are not allowed to leave the living history field until 6.00 every year, we we would lave but we are not allowed back into the field from the support car park until 6.00 to load up. So no different to me from any other year. I just take Monday off now as it takes to long to take our display down

We also leave on Monday.We need to drive to the Netherlands so best to avoid the Sunday evening leaving traffic and take it easy in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

[h=5]War and Peace (Organisers)

[/h][h=5]http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk/news/15/63/Come-to-Beltring-on-Sea.html

You are invited to come along to a War and Peace Revival Open Day on Saturday 11 May at RAF Westenhanger, Folkestone Racecourse from 10.30am – 2pm. We’ll have music, vehicles and tours. The Officers’ Mess restaurant will be open, as will the Officials’ Bar, both of which are in the Victorian Grandstand and you can see our Hospitality Boxes if you're looking for entertaining ideas! You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions of some of the key Officials and just generally see it for yourself.

This Open Day is not for the general public, just people involved in the hobby! The general public will get to enjoy the fruits of our labours from 17-21 July 2013!

[/h]

I'm not really fussed about the times, but at half six seems abit late? I live 80 miles away from w&p and my yards 20 miles from were I live to after I've drove back to my yard put my lorrys away lock the yard up again, driving home from w&p at 35-40 mph around 85 90 miles I'll be home about half nine tenish!:D suppose that's the fun......

Bill.

Yeah I probably will Ian :).

Bill.

I live in the midlands and have tried diffrent leaving times over the years I found the best one is stoping over on the sunday and watch others rushing around and sitting in jams wating to get of the show ground. I found leaving about 4-5 in the morning on monday the best the roads are quite and can be home for 8ish

Al

I'm just filling out my entry form, your aloud to adults and to children the to adults are me and my dad but there's a friend of ours that would like to come for the Saturday night maybe (just for one night) does he still have to pay the full 30 pound? And if so do I have to send it of in my, or could we sort just the Saturday night stay when we get there?

Thanks bill.

I'm just filling out my entry form, your aloud to adults and to children the to adults are me and my dad but there's a friend of ours that would like to come for the Saturday night maybe (just for one night) does he still have to pay the full 30 pound? And if so do I have to send it of in my, or could we sort just the Saturday night stay when we get there?

Thanks bill.

Give them a ring, they will answer all your questions..

Telephone: + 44 (0) 1304 813945 or + 44 (0) 1304 813337

Fax: + 44 (0) 1304 812422

Email: rex@warandpeace.uk.com

Web: http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk

I know I said I wasnt going.......but.........the boss (SWMBO) saw the plan of the site, and said, "do you want to go?" Well, if the Boss says that, who am I to disagree? :cool2:

Will only be going as a mop, so am awaiting a couple of replys to emails regarding accomodation etc....then will be on countdown!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

It was good catching up with forum members at the W&P Press Launch/Open Day at Folkestone today.

The site has great potential & Rex was on hand to answer questions about the new show. If the turn out today is anything to go by then the show looks like it should be a busy one.