War and Peace Revival *New Location*

I welcome all fellow MV owners - regardless of what they own.

Anyone who thinks they are above the average jeep and landie owner isn't really in it for the hobby - more for their own egos.

Markheliops

Well put Mark.. :tup::

Land Rover's were in demand this year, I see many towing WW2 vehicles out of the mud ;)

Edited by Marmite!!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone in the area know what takeaway food places are available and is there anywhere local to get petrol at a reasonable price? Also, where is the nearest supermarket? I know it's months away but I am just forward planning.

Alternative for petrol - is there anywhere just off the M20 to get cheap petrol on the way down?

Does anyone in the area know what takeaway food places are available and is there anywhere local to get petrol at a reasonable price? Also, where is the nearest supermarket? I know it's months away but I am just forward planning.

Alternative for petrol - is there anywhere just off the M20 to get cheap petrol on the way down?

Hythe town (where I live) is about a mile away - Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Iceland and Aldi's all there as well as Fish and Chips, Chinese, Indian, Nepalese and Italian restaurants.

The High street is less than a half mile long and there's at least 8 pubs on it although the nearest pub is probably the 'County Members' in Lympne, nice place and does food - that goes for most of the pubs in Hythe.

As my previous.

Cheap petrol in the South-East? Not going to happen, the further South you come, the more expensive it gets!

As my previous.

Cheap petrol in the South-East? Not going to happen, the further South you come, the more expensive it gets!

Probably still cheaper than here...Diesel is cheaper here though.

But then again roadtaxes for diesel are immensly higher in the netherlands.

Hear hear helipops!!

I to remember the days of the MVT looking down on non ww2 stuff, affected thier membership, IMO.

Agree with lee as well(shock horror!:D), I saw loads of landies at w+p this year towing stuff about, myself included.

Must admit though, if I owned a rare/ww2 piece of kit, I don't think I would be towing anyone out of the mud. I however, be happy to give them a push!

[quote=woa2;

petrol - is there anywhere just off the M20 to get cheap petrol on the way down?

We have relatives in Hythe. I use Tesco on junction 10 (M20) before Hythe and then you can follow A20 down to Hythe (or M20 if u prefer) I look up tesco before long trips so i can find petrol :nut:

Mark thanks for the positive words-

"I welcome all fellow MV owners - regardless of what they own."

find my wish list- lots of big stuff on it- :D

Regards Gerry

Radio War and Peace

http://www.radiowarandpeace.org/

The Official Site For Radio War and Peace. Playing great music from the 40's Big Bands and 50's Rock 'n' Roll, to the Swinging Sixties and Seventies Glam Rockers. Plus interviews, features, stories from wartime veterans, and all the latest news from the historic military vehicle world.