War and Peace Revival *New Location*

Show moving site just comes down to go or don't go - nothing is compulsory. Rex and all the helpers did wonders last year with the show considering the weather as don't know of any other shows that would of carried on. With the show move it would a great opportunity to start a fresh to clamp down on the amount of civilian stuff parked in with the military displays -sort of scares public away from viewing vehicles as it looks like the caravan club not a welcoming display and also ideal chance to stop the rope off gangs from arriving early and dictating the show field . Martin

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show moving site just comes down to go or don't go - nothing is compulsory. Rex and all the helpers did wonders last year with the show considering the weather as don't know of any other shows that would of carried on. With the show move it would a great opportunity to start a fresh to clamp down on the amount of civilian stuff parked in with the military displays -sort of scares public away from viewing vehicles as it looks like the caravan club not a welcoming display and also ideal chance to stop the rope off gangs from arriving early and dictating the show field . Martin

I agree to some extent that Civi vehicles don't look good, but it's not too difficult to cam them up or tuck them away on a display. partly it depends on peoples budgets? Not everyone can afford a living van, or genuine Military tent, etc. I would say if you just want green/camo then join the Army, but even that doesn't hold true. Trust me I know!

As to roping off areas... Usually groups who have attended the show many times rope off areas early to fit all their vehicles and tents on. It is after all often more about the social aspect for many, than the "look at my vehicle" side. Not only does this often have a practical side, share a large tent, generator, cooker etc, but also a safety side too if heavy armour is moving onto and off a pitch. There are obviously several larger clubs who enjoy being grouped together and partying late into the night, would they come back if they were splintered into small groups around the site? Obviously there are some who do rope off ridiculous areas, and maybe there are some who just change plans and don't turn up, but at W & P it's never spoilt the show, and I've never gone home 'cos I couldn't park my trucks??

Jules

I'm still entiltled to an opinion though lee.

I recieved an e mail back from rex, will publish it on here if the mod's say it's ok.

Your right about the toilet issue lee, been done to death.

I will attend the new site, once ive been a member of IMPS for 2 yrs, I just won't pay to get in.

I know some may find this hard to believe, but I do wish the new site/show every success.

Martin - any room for a Chieftain ARRV in you're drive?

Now that I would love to do, but sadly I don't have a drive - and if I did it'd be full of Chevy!

I'm just wondering how to fit a meter to my shower so that you have to pay a couple of quid and feed the cat on the way out to use it....:cool2:

i have had concerns about disability toilets, and got a reply on my question.

the W&P crew is going for a full site survey in january and i did ask if needed, they could get a unit like the one on the public camping last year with a radar key, to prevent situations with 1 key, 10 disabled peeps. i think it is also the law to provide facilities like that, but if needed i can calculate for my own chemical cabin to be delivered on site.

giving the new show a go, i hope it has the same atmosfere like last year.

A provisional layout of the new site as posted on Facebook.. please not this was Not posted on the Official W&P Facebook page but it was posted by a W&P official.. only the LH & Arena are defined on the plan so we will have to wait to see the extent of the MV & trader fields..

wampplayout.jpg

Hi all

Our group travels from the Midlands to w&p and when we heard of the move were a little concerned but after looking at the extra mileage and the fact its mostly motorway,, its looking good to us..! We have some big gear my Foden drops 4mpg Scania6x6,m.a.n Kat1 10mpg and a lowloader about the same,,for the Viper,, A FEW QUID MORE IS NOT GOING TO PUT US OFF.

The entrance fee?? £25 is good value and only puts off the jeep and landrover mobs,, yes i am going to get shouted at now but there are just too many of both.. I like pinkis and recce jeeps the armoured jeep and amphib and shorelands piglets etc etc a good selection but there is a limit 200 of each? not how it is now. NO CIVI STUFF good reps are fine like them..!

Its always a great show many good people and great fun..! Looking forward to the new event and very intrested to see how things panout.

I do hope more traders come for MV spares etc as we have lost quite a few over years due to cost of pitch,, not sure if this was the hop farm or Mr R. But i think the hop farm took a nice penny for the site and i think the racecourse will be cheaper so i hope it may bring some back..

Some have said go back to a MV show,,,,,er well em ar ,,,, not sure its a good idea. As the show is MV and the renactors works so well load to see and the chaps who do the show near the exit to the arena put in alot of work and Respect to them and many others...! alike..! It goes for everyone who spends alot of money and effort to get to the show one way or another,,

I also have lots of RESPECT for the show officials who keep it all going,,, RESPECT,,!

As civi thing will be banned i hope....? the TWIK offroaders will be far less no off road lol ,,, dont think we will need there civi discos and 90s

I am sure there will be teething problems but if we all pull together for the Good of us all,,,,,!

All we need is the countdown working NOW...! Time to get ready..

398621_2970816803187_1644767458_2543560_1413184319_n.jpg

288047_4126033162874_1863401631_o.jpg

AlvisStalwartPink.jpg

Over the years, the twick off roaders have done some stirling work with the off road course and the americas field.

I'm sure there are a few of us who remember when the off road course was a free for all, and dangerous as well.

This year at w+p they did a brilliant job towing people to thier pitches.

Limit the number of jeeps/land rovers? I sort of understand that, but if this did happen the site would be half empty!:shocked:

Great post Stal 108 I'm sure that what most think. Each to there own on the landies and jeeps but they are handy for getting round the site:-D This year I brought 2 tracked vehicles 4 rovers a mutt a MKT field kitchen plus all the tents showers toilets etc! Will 30 miles put us off? no way friends, good banter, good food, lots of green s@@t and a nice chilled out week.

Hi all

Our group travels from the Midlands to w&p and when we heard of the move were a little concerned but after looking at the extra mileage and the fact its mostly motorway,, its looking good to us..! We have some big gear my Foden drops 4mpg Scania6x6,m.a.n Kat1 10mpg and a lowloader about the same,,for the Viper,, A FEW QUID MORE IS NOT GOING TO PUT US OFF.

The entrance fee?? £25 is good value and only puts off the jeep and landrover mobs,, yes i am going to get shouted at now but there are just too many of both.. I like pinkis and recce jeeps the armoured jeep and amphib and shorelands piglets etc etc a good selection but there is a limit 200 of each? not how it is now. NO CIVI STUFF good reps are fine like them..!

Its always a great show many good people and great fun..! Looking forward to the new event and very intrested to see how things panout.

I do hope more traders come for MV spares etc as we have lost quite a few over years due to cost of pitch,, not sure if this was the hop farm or Mr R. But i think the hop farm took a nice penny for the site and i think the racecourse will be cheaper so i hope it may bring some back..

Some have said go back to a MV show,,,,,er well em ar ,,,, not sure its a good idea. As the show is MV and the renactors works so well load to see and the chaps who do the show near the exit to the arena put in alot of work and Respect to them and many others...! alike..! It goes for everyone who spends alot of money and effort to get to the show one way or another,,

I also have lots of RESPECT for the show officials who keep it all going,,, RESPECT,,!

As civi thing will be banned i hope....? the TWIK offroaders will be far less no off road lol ,,, dont think we will need there civi discos and 90s

I am sure there will be teething problems but if we all pull together for the Good of us all,,,,,!

All we need is the countdown working NOW...! Time to get ready..

Wish i could afford anything bigger :-(

if land-rover mobs aint really welcome i only have land rover shows, where my gear is laughed at as it aint shiny enough :P

as for my 90, it might be ciffie but disabled adapted and needed. gonna put on some ex military gear like radio rack and

antennea for the CB radio. might be looking for a suicide shift ex army bike, to do the shopping rounds with.

i hope there is public camping aswell this year, to hide the ex army landies, behind the ex army tent and thats only caus we have a 2nd tent that non army.

might see some of you this year. no forum members seen last year me thunks.

Not really sure we should be having a pop at Jeep and Landrover owners.

I'm in a lucky position to be able to run and maintain a wide selection of MV's, both tracked and wheeled.

Jeeps were, after all the iconic WWII vehicle and Landrovers have served the Armed forces very well.

I don't want to see the new show become elitist and look down on other owners.

Many moons ago the MVT were thought of as similar. If you didn't have a WWII vehicle you were a second class member. This has all changed now and quite rightly so.

I welcome all fellow MV owners - regardless of what they own.

Anyone who thinks they are above the average jeep and landie owner isn't really in it for the hobby - more for their own egos.

Markheliops