• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAF Westenhangar

PRESSRELEASE

30 November 2012

WAR ANDPEACE RACES TO HELLFIRE CORNER!

Rex Cadman is delighted toannounce the launch of his brand new show; The War and Peace Revival, which willbe held at RAF Westenhanger, Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent on 17-21July 2013. Of this exciting new venture,Rex said: “after celebrating the 30thanniversary of the War and Peace Show, we thought it was time to draw a lineunder the event and move forwards with a new event in a new venue, creatingsomething exciting and fresh. My years of experience with The War and PeaceShow have given me the understanding of what does and doesn’t work, so the newshow will be even better!” Rex is best known for hisformer show, The War and Peace Show, which was at The Hop Farm in Kent for 25years and celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. Rex organised this withhis team from 1989, taking it from a small club show started by the InvictaMilitary Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS) with just 100 vehicles in 1982, tothe world’s biggest military vehicle event. The Racecourse location waschosen due to its unique relevancy to the new military and vintage event. Right in the heart of Hellfire Corner, sonamed due to the battering it received during the Battle of Britain in 1940,the area is steeped in military history. The Racecourse itself was used as partof Operation Fortitude (South) during WW2 - the great deception designed tofool the Germans into believing the D-Day landings would be in Calais, notNormandy. Inflatable aircraft were setup along the racecourse to make it look like an active airfield and in 1944 660Squadron used the racecourse to practice operations with local army units,prior to leaving for France three months later. President of the IMPS, James Baxter, said: “This new show, in a fantastic location, is avery exciting development. The permanent facilities, such as bars,restaurants, etc provided at the racecourse will greatly enhance the experienceof the show, for both visitors and exhibitors alike. Rex Cadman is movingmilitary history events to a new level which cannot be matched anywhere else,and IMPS is delighted to support this new venture.” Visitors to the new show willbe able to see many of the expected attractions including living history,military vehicles, meeting WW2 and other veterans, vintage civilianentertainment, trade stands, celebrities, battle re-enactments and militarymodels. The first War and PeaceRevival will be held at Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent CT21 4HX (justoff the M20 Junction 11) from 17-21 July 2013. See www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk

RAF Westenhangar

PRESSRELEASE

30 November 2012

WAR ANDPEACE RACES TO HELLFIRE CORNER!

Rex Cadman is delighted toannounce the launch of his brand new show; The War and Peace Revival, which willbe held at RAF Westenhanger, Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent on 17-21July 2013.Of this exciting new venture,Rex said: “after celebrating the 30thanniversary of the War and Peace Show, we thought it was time to draw a lineunder the event and move forwards with a new event in a new venue, creatingsomething exciting and fresh. My years of experience with The War and PeaceShow have given me the understanding of what does and doesn’t work, so the newshow will be even better!”Rex is best known for hisformer show, The War and Peace Show, which was at The Hop Farm in Kent for 25years and celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. Rex organised this withhis team from 1989, taking it from a small club show started by the InvictaMilitary Vehicle Preservation Society (IMPS) with just 100 vehicles in 1982, tothe world’s biggest military vehicle event.The Racecourse location waschosen due to its unique relevancy to the new military and vintage event. Right in the heart of Hellfire Corner, sonamed due to the battering it received during the Battle of Britain in 1940,the area is steeped in military history. The Racecourse itself was used as partof Operation Fortitude (South) during WW2 - the great deception designed tofool the Germans into believing the D-Day landings would be in Calais, notNormandy. Inflatable aircraft were setup along the racecourse to make it look like an active airfield and in 1944 660Squadron used the racecourse to practice operations with local army units,prior to leaving for France three months later.President of the IMPS, James Baxter, said: “This new show, in a fantastic location, is avery exciting development. The permanent facilities, such as bars,restaurants, etc provided at the racecourse will greatly enhance the experienceof the show, for both visitors and exhibitors alike. Rex Cadman is movingmilitary history events to a new level which cannot be matched anywhere else,and IMPS is delighted to support this new venture.”Visitors to the new show willbe able to see many of the expected attractions including living history,military vehicles, meeting WW2 and other veterans, vintage civilianentertainment, trade stands, celebrities, battle re-enactments and militarymodels. The first War and PeaceRevival will be held at Folkestone Racecourse near Hythe, Kent CT21 4HX (justoff the M20 Junction 11) from 17-21 July 2013. See www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk

I would imagine that is the end of the W&P Show as we know it then :-(

Looks like the new website is not up & running yet..

Just Google mapped it, if it is true then that puts around 60 more miles on the current round trip of 530. I think it is time to call it a day and start develloping a Beltring of the North.

I agree, seems to me that it is more geared to the European MV enthusiast now, to far to go to now, even as a visitor in a civvy car, ever mind my Landrover

Mark

The press officer sent out info, It indicates that is is for public domain and that they are really happy to be moving to a new location. A

change is as good as a rest as they say? :-\

I only ask as you seem to be the only one that we know of to receive the Press Release, I've had a report back from someone who works very closely with Rex & the show that they know nothing about this.