Diamond T 980 23YZ80

Hi Folks

Has anyone out there have any information on my Diamond T 980 23YZ80 serial number 9800686

I am looking for information about its active service, where it was based, any photo's of it in active service ect.

from what i can gather from its markings, it was in the RASC and 1 bucks corps, i may be wrong but im sure someone out there will have a lot more information than me. if they wish to share it with me i will be most greatfull

thank you cliff goldsmith

img010.jpg

hi cliff

your diamond t did serve with the RASC but now is marked up as RCT serving with 1 corps this corps was reformed

in 1951 in Baor Germany your vehicle history card should be with the RLC Museum along with its service documents

if not the National Army Museum who owned it previousley should have the service documents. If you require further information let me know and i will try and help.

Wally

Hi wally

was my Diamond T in the Beverly Military Transport Museum or was it in the National Army Museum before it went to Shildon Museum of Transport

In one of the replies to my introduction post, i was told it was damaged during active service. have you any onformation regarging its accident. The chassis plate says it had s repair 3/58 ref b296. is this due to a Rolls Royce engine being fitted after its Hercules engine had been removed

hi cliff

your diamond T was on loan from the mod to the rasc /rct association with other vehicles till 1997 when they where

gifted by act of parliment to the national army museum london they had been in the care of the museum of army transport

in beverley from 1979 till 2003 when beverley closed the national army museum with mod moved them from beverley

in 2004 yours must have gone to shildon as to its history it would take a small book so if you want to know more

contact me direct

yours wally

• 3 months later...
Hi Folks

Has anyone out there have any information on my Diamond T 980 23YZ80 serial number 9800686

I am looking for information about its active service, where it was based, any photo's of it in active service ect.

from what i can gather from its markings, it was in the RASC and 1 bucks corps, i may be wrong but im sure someone out there will have a lot more information than me. if they wish to share it with me i will be most greatfull

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69706[/ATTACH]

Hi cliff my name is Richard and I used to drive 23yz80 when I was in 240 tank transporter sdn. I have a couple of pictures and a few stories regards spud (Richard)

• 8 months later...
  • 6 years later...

My dad used to drive this as well.  The sign on top (which I assisted with as a child) had to be made when taking comet from Leconfield to Harrogate for Thundercloud filming at Harrogate.  My dad was the last one to drive it I believe for military use.