Scout Car MK2 25zs69 1942

fayjo56

I have come by a brass Nomenclature plate for 'SCOUT CAR MK2' Makers No S 2750 WD No 25ZS69 Year of supply 1942.

What would this vehicle be? Does it happen to have survived? (prob not if I have the plate!)

If I find out a bit more I will probably post up in the Sales section if it has any interest.

I have come by a brass Nomenclature plate for 'SCOUT CAR MK2' Makers No S 2750 WD No 25ZS69 Year of supply 1942.

What would this vehicle be? Does it happen to have survived? (prob not if I have the plate!)

If I find out a bit more I will probably post up in the Sales section if it has any interest.

oooooo ..........mine's missing I would be happy to find the right one, your one is close. How much?

Its for a Daimler Dingo MK2. Check out Singe Ager on here somewhere as he has a list of most extant Dingoes, so if the Dingo still exists then it should go back to the vehicle. If I get a change I will see if I can find out whether its still alive,. Nice piece to find!

Gentlemen

I agree with Richard the wartime F number is F48197. I believe that the Bovington post war key cardis lost for the series around 25ZS69 so we are likely never to know when thecar it belonged too left service.

Ive checked my records and as far as i know F48197 there is no evidence thatthis car has been seen since the 1970's.

There are a number of Dingo's that were restored in the 60's & 70s and thedata plate separated during the rebuild.

The chassis number of these cars is now very hard to positively identify.

If it gets sold to one of the unidentified car owners, there’s a fairly goodchance it might be reunited from the car it came from! :)

singe

So what is your vehicle? Would love to see it used in the correct place, perhaps a small donation to my MW restoration fund;). PM me?

Yes I would definitely like it. pm me a price and I will get it to you.Thanks Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...