Normandy Hotel Recommendations.

Couldn't advance the trip could you?:D Any way what about the English sectors? The Clavados Tousist Board are very helpful (Just don't call them French, thier Norman!) I would suggest you find time to Visit Tilly Sur Selles, and the Jerusalem Farm cemetry just outside. As a side benifit the farm produces the best Calvados in Normandy, like liquid sunshine. The Cathederal at Bayeux has to be one of the most stunning buildings in the world. The military musuem is excellent as well.

Edited by Tony B

• 7 months later...

Just got back from a fantastic week in Normandy where I stayed in arromanches. I can highly recommend Karen and Adrian Scott-cox's converted French farm house. It's a very friendly atmosphere, more like stopping with friends than in a hotel. Good food and lots of WWII books and memorabilia to look at. Address is no 2, Avenue Mountbatten, 14117 Arromanches. Tel 0033 231215263.

Just got back from a fantastic week in Normandy where I stayed in arromanches. I can highly recommend Karen and Adrian Scott-cox's converted French farm house. It's a very friendly atmosphere, more like stopping with friends than in a hotel. Good food and lots of WWII books and memorabilia to look at. Address is no 2, Avenue Mountbatten, 14117 Arromanches. Tel 0033 231215263.

Is the Ferret still in the courtyard? We went on a landtrain ride around and spotted it from the road so afterwards called in and the owner was very welcoming and chatted to us for a good while about the hotel, vehicles and his involvement in the commemorations which take place in Arromanches.

Is the Ferret still in the courtyard? We went on a landtrain ride around and spotted it from the road so afterwards called in and the owner was very welcoming and chatted to us for a good while about the hotel, vehicles and his involvement in the commemorations which take place in Arromanches.

Adrian still has it but it was away for some work at a local workshop though.