New OT-90 purchase

nothing is impossible! just difficult sometimes . it can be done as a specific purpose vehicle for carrying tanks etc as its not tracked..and there are exemptions for such vehicles like cranes etc..

:D:D Best of luck if you do!!! Dealing with VOSA seems like trying to stem the tide - they just ignore and do what they want......

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mtlb is not road registered, afraid i dont really need to drive this sort of vehicle on uk roads, just silly to even try in my humble opinion. 432 is bad enough and I would not spend much time running it on the road except to keep my driving skills up...

for my drops we modified a 15 ton bed with wider plates and strengthened it a bit, but it is still bowing in the middle, will add a bit more metal this year...

it loads really well and the bed having been adapted for the mtlb fits really well...#

DROPS drives with it and a stalwart on a trailer at the back to be a full 38 tons easily...she is a lovely truck...could do with another one soon

I don't have a C license any more Paul and cannot hold one again - but I do still have the "H" - hence why I wanted mine road registered. Some of the trips it could do would use maybe £20 worth of diesel compared to £200 for a low loader. =No work for 6+ years means low-loaders are becoming increasing non-viable unless, as with W&PR and Damyns there is support from the organisers.

I would love to be able to use a modified DROPS - but there's no chance ever of being able to do that now.

hey Neil, no need to explain to me, each to their own and whilst i would find it a pain to drive them on the road I AM SURE OTHERS WOULD NOT.. I think what your experience shows is that the DVLA and VOSA are a force unto their own, have no sense of sensibility and operate their business purely to maintain their own jobs....the rules they apply are sometimes draconian and in many cases pointless.

I personally think it is ludicrous that we are forever finding new rules to reduce our ability to enjoy the UK roads.

And dont start me on the hogging of the second lane rule crap that is now in force...if ever there was a more stupid law I have not heard of it recently...madness personified...who ever thought that rule up is a complete nutter...

you can hog the outside lane but you cannot hog the middle lane, you can travel at 70 mph in the middle lane and get a fine for holding the traffic up...i.e. those who want to travel at 80 mph...isnt that illegal..its pure madness and makes no sense whatsoever...What causes a very high proportion of accidents on the motorways ? . lane changing...so now we want them to change lanes even more often...just plain madness...did anyone see that re[port of that idiot idiot woman from the transport ministry on the tv going on about holding up speeding motorists...idiotic...sorry I said dont mention it...

Edited by paulob1

• 3 weeks later...

just before the war and peace show my intercom (a1) box went pop, took it out and sure enough the transformer has blown, so been looking to find the wiring vehicle system diagram for the intercom, spent lots of time looking on the internet and found naada! got the manuals etc but nothing re intercom wiring in it..

Had a brain wave and asked my local ham radio guy who has a zil 131 radio comms unit and he has found the diagram for me! awesome bloke :-), now ive just handed it over to a friend of mine to see if he can fathom it out?

hope so cos i need it fixed..

just before the war and peace show my intercom (a1) box went pop, took it out and sure enough the transformer has blown, so been looking to find the wiring vehicle system diagram for the intercom, spent lots of time looking on the internet and found naada! got the manuals etc but nothing re intercom wiring in it..

Had a brain wave and asked my local ham radio guy who has a zil 131 radio comms unit and he has found the diagram for me! awesome bloke :-), now ive just handed it over to a friend of mine to see if he can fathom it out?

hope so cos i need it fixed..

That was bad luck!! I'm still trying to sort out the electrical engine cooling pump that seemed to give up the ghost at Wicksteed....

Had the air flask valve shear about two years ago. Lee (Marmite) machined up a replacement in stainless steel and it's been fine ever since!!

Mechanically - apart from the cooling fan which I think might have something to do with the immersion at Wicksteed - all has been fine. My problems tight now come from having to try and squeeze her into an entrance with a very narrow gap between the entrance and the building opposite!! :(

• 2 months later...

How on earth did you do that?? Those things are virtually indestructible!!!

Try these people - supposed to be pretty good:

Robson & Francis Rewind Ltd

Unit 2 Hardess Street,

Industrial Estate,

London, SE24 OHN.

Tel: 0207 733 2353

Edited by ArtistsRifles
Added phone number

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

iam lucky if mine starts below 100 when its cold. a lot easier when warm ..

Blasting my ot-90 has started! :sweat::sweat: iam knackered! blasting always seems a good idea when you first start doing it, then it just become back breaking sweaty hard mind numbing work..lol

Still i plan to have the etch primer and top coat done by Saturday, then camo the next day :-)

• 2 weeks later...