1/24th scale 1 Ton Forward Control

RecyMech

Af,noon all.

Just posted some pictures & details of the first pre-production test build of the 1 tonner up on http://www.kitformservices.com

Still a couple of minor tweaks to do but nearly there. Should be out next month.

Airportable not far behind.

Click the 'Military Range' in the left side bar & scroll near to the bottom. Hope you like it.:D

Howard @ KFS

Im in two minds about this one. I do like the look of bulged tyres on a model but if you actually look at photos of the real thing in most cases the sidewalls dont have any bulging - maybe a bit of flatting off which can easily be replicated but no discernible bulge? Of course it is not a problem you get on a cvrt anyway..! :D

Those familiar with using resin will already know that by placing it in hot water it will soften, & with care will allow any distorted parts to be corrected & any perfectly straight parts to be distorted at will.

Therefore, if buldges are your thing;-

Suspend the lower 1/4 of the tyre in hot water for a few seconds, remove from water & insert the cold wheel centre, press slightly softened tyre down on work top to create flat spot & wall buldge as required. Run under cold tap to 'fix' the new shape. Repeat as required.

Simples.:D

H

Brigadier,

Yes I read your mail. All your points have a valid counter argument / reason why they are the way they are.

However, if you must nit pick in public then feel free. Thats part of what a forum is for. No doubt the list has grown from the last e mail.

What ever gets you through the day & keeps you satisfied.:writing:

Hi Howard.

The 101 looks fantastic looking forward to your next release , great to have you put so much time and effort in to British military vehicles and armour. The detail is outstanding.

Regards Tony.

ps see you at Telford.

Edited by cossy1

Hi Howard,

Having spent many years "hands on", working on the real vehicles that your models depict, I have to say how brilliantly detailed the models are. There is one photo of a Bedford MJ with a skyline in the background, if you looked quickly it could be the real vehicle. Well done. The 1 tonne looks the part and should be a popular model.

As with a lot of us, I started making models in small scale from a teenager with a few scratch built one, nearly all British lorries and nothing like the detail of yours. Look where it has got me....... building 1:1 scale now! :-)

regards, Richard