Guy FBAX Wireless

Neilie

Hi Folks,

Here is my recently completed Guy FBAX Wireless. It features a scratch-built cab on a modified Airfix K6 chassis with a detailed Matador Models #3 Wireless body.

The vehicle is finished as a wireless vehicle of GHQ 1 HQ Signals in the Dunkirk area in 1940.

Inspiration came from a photo of this vehicle derelict on the beach at Dunkirk. The model portrays it in better days and is accompanied by a Dan Taylor "At Ease" figure. Transfers are from Peter Marshall at Aleran.

Cheers,

Neil

DSCF0996.JPG

DSCF0994.JPG

DSCF0995.jpg

Thank you all for the really nice comments. It was a fun build but the antenna did take a couple of days.

I do tend to make my bases fairly simple with just some typical terrain so it doesn't detract from the vehicle. but lately, I have been adding a figure or two just to bring it to life.

As far as plexiglass, it is fairly small as it's only 1/76 scale and the base is only 4.25 " long. All my models are kept in a display case so dust is not really an issue. When they do get dusted, my wife's soft makeup brushes take a bit of a beating.;)

Cheers,

Neil

• 2 months later...